Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie Empty
PostSubject: Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie   Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:29 am

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie   Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:18 am

So in other words, Russell Crowe's career is headed south.

Soon he'll have a "full cast with Russell Crowe" status role in a Robert Rodriguez B-Movie and then become a detective on Law and Order....then death.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie   Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:21 am

It shows Russell has a sense of humor and isn't afraid to venture outside of his comfort zone. Crowe and RZA obviously hit it off during American Gangster.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie   Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:24 am

Crowe has been a steady decline from the top of the food chain. The last few things I've seen him in have been totally lifeless performances
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie   Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:26 am

I've yet to see Robin Hood but I very much enjoyed State Of Play,American Gangster and 3:10 To Yuma.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie   Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:28 am

Exactly what i meant, Crowe has been pretty much phoning it in since the end credits of Master and Commander started rolling. People start noticing that and not caring.

Being a Kung Fu movie that going by Ali's post, might be a joke will only confirm that to moviegoers...this may become Russell Crowe's Battlefield Earth or The Postman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie   Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:37 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Exactly what i meant, Crowe has been pretty much phoning it in since the end credits of Master and Commander started rolling. People start noticing that and not caring.

Being a Kung Fu movie that going by Ali's post, might be a joke will only confirm that to moviegoers...this may become Russell Crowe's Battlefield Earth or The Postman.

Or it could be Russell's answer to Tom Cruises cameo in Tropic Thunder.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie   Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:27 am

Crowe rejected the script to LOTR because he thought Aragorn's role was too similar to Gladiator. Whoops.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie   Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:13 pm

I like Viggo for that role anyways
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie   Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:35 pm

word up, I was thinking the other day that the Wu Tang guys should make a kung fu flick. This somewhat resembles that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie   Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:38 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Crowe rejected the script to LOTR because he thought Aragorn's role was too similar to Gladiator. Whoops.

You sure about that ? because I've never heard about that before.

Staurt Townsend was originally cast as Aragorn but as soon as PJ started shooting he didn't feel it was working out, so he phoned up Viggo to replace him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie   Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:30 am

That's what I read on something about Crowe some years back. Viggo is perfect for the role anyway, I'd never imagine another actor to play the High King.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie   Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:32 am

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000128/bio

It talks about it in the trivia section, though the reason it gives is different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie   Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie Empty

Back to top Go down

Russell Crowe is about to appear in a Kung-Fu movie
Page 1 of 1