Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OU vs Texas

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

OU vs Texas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OU vs Texas   OU vs Texas - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:51 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
Don't chalk up a win for the Sooners yet. Texas is only going to get better from here. Both teams have relatively inexperience QBs. I'm leaning towards a defensive game and I think Texas wins it. Surprise.
Really? Landry has a year of experience.

He's still not exactly a proven commodity, though. Gilbert is growing into the position and I think he'll be just fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OU vs Texas   OU vs Texas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:19 am

Bigs03 wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
Don't chalk up a win for the Sooners yet. Texas is only going to get better from here. Both teams have relatively inexperience QBs. I'm leaning towards a defensive game and I think Texas wins it. Surprise.
Really? Landry has a year of experience.

He's still not exactly a proven commodity, though. Gilbert is growing into the position and I think he'll be just fine.
I would take the QB that has a year under his belt and has played in the OU Texas game over the guy who has not played against anyone since he was killed in the NC game. Besides Landry threw for over 3,000 yards last year and 26 TDs. He also just tourched Florida State. To me there is no comparison.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: OU vs Texas   OU vs Texas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:46 am

love how you fail to mention that freshman almost won the National Title Game

Florida State win wont look so impressive when they go 7-5 again, the key is going to be is if Texas can get a damn running back to do something
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OU vs Texas   OU vs Texas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:05 am

Birdofthad wrote:
love how you fail to mention that freshman almost won the National Title Game

Florida State win wont look so impressive when they go 7-5 again, the key is going to be is if Texas can get a damn running back to do something
Yeah he almost won the NC game by going 15 of 40 and 4 INT's. Sounds more like he folded and lost the game for Texass to me.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: OU vs Texas   OU vs Texas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:16 am

guess you didnt watch the game and just read the stats then since he DID ALMOST WIN IT
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: OU vs Texas   OU vs Texas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:26 am

I'm still not 100% sold on Landry. He has proven so far this year that he can be hot and cold just like last year. He was night and day home and on the road last year. I think the WR and RB depth should really help though. Plus the line seems to be pretty solid. When he can find his timing with the WR they can make plays.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OU vs Texas   OU vs Texas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:39 am

Birdofthad wrote:
guess you didnt watch the game and just read the stats then since he DID ALMOST WIN IT
I watched every second of it. I saw a better team in (Texas) get beat because one of their players caused 4 turnovers. I dont know how you can justify that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: OU vs Texas   OU vs Texas - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:52 am

You ready Soko and Bigs?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: OU vs Texas   OU vs Texas - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:01 pm

to be honest no not after last week. I know they can turn it around no doubt but christ that was some sad shit man. Im more confident in Manny thursday night than I am for sat so lets start with that AV bet lol.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: OU vs Texas   OU vs Texas - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:05 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
to be honest no not after last week. I know they can turn it around no doubt but christ that was some sad shit man. Im more confident in Manny thursday night than I am for sat so lets start with that AV bet lol.

Ha ha if OU comes with their A game then I'm very confident. But if they don't it is anybodies game. So far we have only brought the A game 1 time so who knows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OU vs Texas   OU vs Texas - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OU vs Texas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2