Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anybody like Primus?

Go down 
+6
Birdofthad
LA
franklinfan2
josh200612
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
10 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Anybody like Primus?  Empty
PostSubject: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Going to their concert on Tuesday. Super stoked. I've been waiting to see them live for years.

Not liking Primus is the sign of small and insignificant genitalia.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:57 pm

I like their first album, can't really say I've listened to any of the others. A lot of respect for Claypool though as a musician
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:57 pm

Actually I should say 2nd album not 1st
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:04 pm

Primus first two albums Frizzle Fry and Sailing Seas Of Cheese are classics. Pork Soda and Tales From The Punchbowl had their moments but were inconsistant.

Antipop is the only one that kind of sucked.

I do agree that their second album is their best.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:04 pm

south park theme song! EPIC!
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Primus sucks
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:43 pm

franklinfan2 wrote:
Primus sucks

Smile
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:50 am

I do, not a huge fan but have 3 albums in my itunes I think, at least 2.

Should be a dope show
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 4:10 am

never even heard of them what do they do?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 4:17 am

Nothing just a shitty band with one of the best bassists to ever do it
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 4:21 am

hahaha ool cool, who is the bassists?

just some bad ass?
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:05 am

I heard that Les Claypool tried out for Metallica when Jason Newstead left the band. Metallica turned him down because his talents would be squandered with Metallica.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 5:14 pm

I first saw Primus at Lollapalooza in 1993.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 6:38 pm

Primus is cool. I once whooped this kid's ass because he was such a little douche and he constantly wore a Primus shirt. He deserved it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Damn even rednecks fight to defend primus?

Yo Possessed is cool at least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:11 pm

franklinfan2 wrote:
I heard that Les Claypool tried out for Metallica when Jason Newstead left the band. Metallica turned him down because his talents would be squandered with Metallica.

That was actually when Cliff Burton died and they were trying out new bassists and picked up Newsted. They said Claypool was too good and that was about 2-3 years before Primus was formed.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:37 pm

It wasn't that he was too good. That's just what everyone says. It was that they

A. needed a metal bass player who wanted to play classically influenced, rigid metal baselines and not the funky stuff Claypool plays.

B. At the time they just wanted a stand in as they felt like no one could replace Burton.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:47 pm

You're right on the real reasons why they didnt pick Claypool Wolf, but James Hetfield said that they said the exact words to Claypool after his audition was that he's too good. So it's not just what everybody says...everybody says it because James said it first on VH1 years ago.

i know they didnt mean it like "you're too good for us" where he probably layed down some funky bass line that would fit with a Metallica track like Kunta Kinte at a Toby Keith concert but they pretty much pointed out he was far away the best bass player that auditioned for them.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:53 am

I have a few of their mainstream songs on my ipod. Not a fan of all their work, but love Claypool as a bass talent. My oldest boy plays all guitars, and loves plugging in Primus and trying to keep up with what Claypool does.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:34 pm

Time for a rant

So, turns out i'm not going to this show tonight.

My friend said his girlfriend had purchased 3 tickets on her card last week when we discussed going to this show and i believe that she did in fact buy tickets..but i kept asking my buddy if she printed the tickets, are waiting for them via mail(which is stupid 4 days out) or we get them at the box office..and i said to ask her if she did get THREE tickets so i'm not dick in hand the day of the show like i currently am. He said everythings good but i can tell he was unsure...

He kept skirting around the topic all weekend, probably unsure of how many tickets she bought or maybe if she even bought tickets and by Sunday i had pretty much came to the conclusion that atleast I was not going to be able to make this show because my buddy has a huge problem being straight up even when the truth is absolutely harmless. Monday pretty much put me at 96% sure that i was phased out when he didnt answer a couple calls i made, which is uncharacteristic, but he knew i was gonna ask about the tickets and everything and he had not thought up a lie yet even though the truth would actually be very useful at that point and i would not be the slightest bit upset about anything.

So about 3 hours ago he sends me a text, like a girl earlier saying without explaining "i think we won't be able to make that show tonight". I texted back, because i was working and said "Oh yeah. Why not?".Note that i'm not at all suprised by this and was anticipating this call or text.. Almost 2 hours have gone by and i have not recieved a call or another text with an explanation of why "we" won't be able to make the show tonight.

My verdict is that his girlfriend only bought two tickets. Maybe because she didnt want to buy a third because she does not know me that well(which is fine). Possibly, My buddy did not know about this all weekend but knowing him the more likely scenario is that he overthought the situation and was afraid to tell me that his girlfriend failed at the modest task that was her charge and that i'm not going to the show.

There has to be tickets, she had to have told him tickets were purchased for him to act like it was a go at all. There is just not enough and he wants to pretend like we all arent going when it's just KingsOwn19 that's not going. He probably thinks it would hurt my feelings but what really hurts my feelings is that my best friend of a decade does not know me better than that to know that i would not be upset if he didnt think it was alright to bullshit me and he does not realize that i know him better than that considering i had the vibe on Sunday that this was going to happen and he would have some lame excuse making it obvious that he's lying...the only thing i'm wrong about is that he appears to not even prepared an excuse.

I know that if there was tickets that he would not up and decide to not go if money had already been spent. I know if she never told him that she did buy tickets he would never have said that they were bought. If he would have told me on the weekend, i would have just went and got my own ticket but now the show starts in a few hours and i've already been dissed. Plus the show is sold out, unless the dick in my hand can get me authorized for the concert i'm shit out of luck. If he would have told me earlier that he thought she bought three but she only bought two then i would have said "well, that sucks" but i would give him the benefit of the doubt that he knew she didnt buy 3 all weekend because my buddy has a real hard time following up on shit. So i would not be mad at him, and still not suprised. Now what would piss me off is if she did buy three tickets but she decided to take one of her friends, oo thats a very possible scenario and in that case i may understand that he didnt tell me but at the same time would not be suprised but still disappointed that he did not stand up to his bitch knowing full well that 3rd ticket was for me...but whatever..

In conclusion, KingsOwn19 has shitty, flakey friends and has had shitty, flakey friends for a good portion of his life.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 12:07 pm

His name is mud!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody like Primus?    Anybody like Primus?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody like Primus?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: