Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket

Go down 
+4
marbleheadmaui
SlickMoneyXL
captainanddew
flapanther2001
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket Empty
PostSubject: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:25 pm

BoxingScene.com was advised that Orlando Salido will likely get stripped of his IBF featherweight title after reportedly being overweight for Saturday's morning weigh-in. Per the IBF rules, a fighter in the featherweight division can't weigh more than ten pounds over the division limit on the day of the fight. Salido is said to be 138-pounds after making the division limit of 126-pounds on Friday.

As it stands at the moment, the IBF title will only be at stake for WBA champion Yuriorkis Gamboa when the two fighters collide in Saturday's main event at The Palms in Las Vegas. If Salido wins, he will become the WBA champion, but the IBF title becomes vacant.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30857
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Rocky Marciano, Arturo Gatti

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
BoxingScene.com was advised that Orlando Salido will likely get stripped of his IBF featherweight title after reportedly being overweight for Saturday's morning weigh-in. Per the IBF rules, a fighter in the featherweight division can't weigh more than ten pounds over the division limit on the day of the fight. Salido is said to be 138-pounds after making the division limit of 126-pounds on Friday.

As it stands at the moment, the IBF title will only be at stake for WBA champion Yuriorkis Gamboa when the two fighters collide in Saturday's main event at The Palms in Las Vegas. If Salido wins, he will become the WBA champion, but the IBF title becomes vacant.

I'm not sure how I feel about that....how long has this been a rule?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:34 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

I'm not sure how I feel about that....how long has this been a rule?

I don't know, but to me it's a stupid rule.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:35 pm

who cares about the trinket. If Salido wins he has a win over Gamboa.

The only belt that matters is the Ring championship, and that belt isn't at stake here.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Might be a stupid rule but im sure Salido was aware of it. Doesnt matter anyway cuz Gamboa will bodybag him in the 7th.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:01 pm

Reason 217 to want same day weigh-ins and 3,426 to ignore trinkets.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Can we have a trinket free week?? Just one week where no one mentions a single trinket, or posts a story with discussion of trinkets. I myself am guilty of doing both on occasion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:21 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Can we have a trinket free week?? Just one week where no one mentions a single trinket, or posts a story with discussion of trinkets. I myself am guilty of doing both on occasion.

You should see Dan's latest twitters.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

You should see Dan's latest twitters.

LOL, don't read those! You'll get dumber Smile
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:44 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

+1

So we're going to have a Lightweight in vs a Featherweight tonight?
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:22 pm

To tell you the truth, i actually like that rule. Some dudes blow up too much weight and it makes it a bit unfair. The IBF is probably the least worst of all organization, but they aint close to no Ring Title, which should hold the meaning of Lineal championship to everyone in the sport.

I always disagree with you guys about trinkets. IMO they mean its going to be a high level fight and thats what I enjoy watching. Salido is rated #3 in the division (I dont know why the fuck Gamboa is rated #6, shit John doesnt deserve to be #1) and he was impressive when he spanked a young 23 year old Guerrero (steroids or not). Salido means business, but I expect Gamboa to easily whoop him under 6 rounds.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:25 pm

Steve Forbes lost his title this way if anyone remembers

nearly a decade ago so its been around a while
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:32 am

its a rule and a good one because of the weigh ins 30 or more hours before a fight..you make the weight but the next day you cant come in 10 pounds or less over the weight ..interesting.this is a strong case for returning to same day weigh ins.dam w got guys fighting at a so called featherweight limit that come in at a jr welter weight weight..same day weign ins is good..its the best way to eliminate fighters who are not truly fighting in there class but 2 divisions above it..
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:37 am

opps make that 3 divisions over the featherweight limit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:16 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:

This is the first and probably last time I ever say this but I totally agree with you Shocked
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:51 am

Marble, someone asked Rafael in his chat last night (Rafael after dark-after the BAD card) about his boy, Casamayor. And of course Rafael said he was voting for him for hall of fame.

He doesn't even debate it. If Casamayor is a clear hall of famer then you have no idea about boxing (we already knew he doesn't know jack about boxing).

Of course to Rafael, boxing didn't begin until the 1970s, and he is the same guy who never has been wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket   Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket Empty

Back to top Go down

Stupid IBF rule means Orlando Salido could get stripped of his trinket
Page 1 of 1