Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HEY SOONER!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

HEY SOONER! Empty
PostSubject: HEY SOONER!   HEY SOONER! EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:28 am

Given that you are part Indian (wait that's not the pc term) Injun (no) Wagon Burner (uh-uh) Redskin (closer) I GOT it! The descendnats of the folks who walked across the Bering Bridge!

Seriously, I am in the middle of what is turning out to be a marvelous book. "Empire of the Summer Moon: Quana Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches." Written by a guy named SC Gwynne.

Very blunt in describing the sheer savagry and amorality of the Comanche, their Indian enemies, the Spanish, the Mexicans and the Texans. Remarkable in making one understand things one probably never thought about. For example, no white man EVER saw an Indian on horseback East of the Mississippi until long after they tribes east had been destroyed. Also what stopped the northward expansion of the Spanish in Mexico. They couldn't defeat the Comanche.

I'm only 1/3 of the way in but it is gripping stuff.
Back to top Go down

HEY SOONER! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEY SOONER!   HEY SOONER! EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:31 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Given that you are part Indian (wait that's not the pc term) Injun (no) Wagon Burner (uh-uh) Redskin (closer) I GOT it! The descendnats of the folks who walked across the Bering Bridge!

Seriously, I am in the middle of what is turning out to be a marvelous book. "Empire of the Summer Moon: Quana Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches." Written by a guy named SC Gwynne.

Very blunt in describing the sheer savagry and amorality of the Comanche, their Indian enemies, the Spanish, the Mexicans and the Texans. Remarkable in making one understand things one probably never thought about. For example, no white man EVER saw an Indian on horseback East of the Mississippi until long after they tribes east had been destroyed. Also what stopped the northward expansion of the Spanish in Mexico. They couldn't defeat the Comanche.

lol!
I am covering Parker next week in my class. I love his story. I will have to check that book out. I am not reading anything right now. Thanks Marble.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

HEY SOONER! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEY SOONER!   HEY SOONER! EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:50 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

lol!
I am covering Parker next week in my class. I love his story. I will have to check that book out. I am not reading anything right now. Thanks Marble.

My pleasure. You read anything good let me know.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

HEY SOONER! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEY SOONER!   HEY SOONER! EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:52 pm

Quanna Parker oh ya learned alot a bout him My History teacher rewrote the college course Texas History book to include indians and Quanna was his favorite

wait till you get to the part about Custard slaughtering indians under a reservation flying American flags, better known as Black Kettle
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

HEY SOONER! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEY SOONER!   HEY SOONER! EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 5:16 pm

When ever someone questions weather or not human beings are animals, you can look no further than a comparison of European expansion in the new world and the introduction of exotic predators in an ecosystem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

Favorite Fighter(s) : Hendo, Fedor, Big Nog, Couture, Shogun, Gomi, Carrano, any one who fights Brock! and all the underdogs....

HEY SOONER! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEY SOONER!   HEY SOONER! EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 5:39 pm

-Pope. Pueblo Revolt
-Leonard Peltier. Prison Writing more modern but awesome book

read alot more if your interested in prophecies and others on government corruption.....
Back to top Go down
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

Favorite Fighter(s) : Hendo, Fedor, Big Nog, Couture, Shogun, Gomi, Carrano, any one who fights Brock! and all the underdogs....

HEY SOONER! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEY SOONER!   HEY SOONER! EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Fuck Custer! One of the books im reading now mentions the real story of Custer, how he smoked a peace pipe and promised to never kill natives again! During the battle of little big horn, he was actually captured and turned over to the women. They were the ones who cut him up in small pieces, that is why plains women always carry knives in their traditional clothing.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

HEY SOONER! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEY SOONER!   HEY SOONER! EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:22 pm

r3dman7630 wrote:
-Pope. Pueblo Revolt

read alot more if your interested in prophecies and others on government corruption.....

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will look them both up!
Back to top Go down

HEY SOONER! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEY SOONER!   HEY SOONER! EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:51 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
r3dman7630 wrote:
-Pope. Pueblo Revolt

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will look them both up!
Yeah I am about to start Dan Browns The Lost Symbol. I am a freemason and it looks like a good book. I heard there is some truth in that book.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

HEY SOONER! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEY SOONER!   HEY SOONER! EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:55 pm

killer angels- book on the civil war good fun read
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt