Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th

Go down 
+4
gomez1012
marbleheadmaui
captainanddew
WinstonSmith
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th Empty
PostSubject: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:46 pm

Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:49 pm

Jones should have his license revoked.The man will be punchy in five years.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:49 pm

5 years, try 3
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:50 pm

Has anyone figured out if Roy's broke? Or does he just need the spotlight hat badly?

Of course the most charitable thought is to take Roy at his word. Roy LOVES the sport, thinks of himself as a fighter and doesn't want to think of himself otherwise.

I'll be nice and go with that.

Ali,

A CATCHWEIGHT???? Aren't you horrified? geek

Last edited by marbleheadmaui on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:50 pm

If Roy and Evander insist on sticking around why not face each other ?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

I don't need to see Roy carried out under an oxygen mask.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:51 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Has anyone figured out if Roy's broke? Or does he just need the spotlight hat badly?

Of course the most charitable thought is to take Roy at his word. Roy LOVES the sport, thinks of himself as a fighter and doesn't want to think of himself otherwise.

Ali,

No, I just feel sorry for Roy, it's sad to watch a faded star being unable to retire.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

With the caveat the loser must burn his license in the center of the ring after the fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:53 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

With the caveat the loser must burn his license in the center of the ring after the fight.

The sad thing is the loser would still want to continue boxing Sad
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Ali,

No, I just feel sorry for Roy, it's sad to watch a faded star being unable to retire.

But if we take him at his word, that he loves it that much? I'm actually OK with that as long as he fights journeymen.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

The sad thing is the loser would still want to continue boxing Sad

As long as people continue to shell out their dough for these two side shows,promoters will continue to force this scat upon us.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:02 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

Ali,

Roy in the article says no, just that this is all he knows and is bored

Quote :
"What are you gonna do? You gonna box or sit around? I've been sitting around and I wasn't enjoying it," Jones told ESPN.com on Tuesday night. "This is still what I want to do. Got nothing else to do but get in trouble or get fat, so what I got to stop for? I'll fight and I'll fight to win."

"Money ain't always the issue," said Jones, despite his own financial problems. "That's not what drives me. I know I'm not making much money for this fight. But I love doing it and I still want to see if I still got it, which I think I do."

He even acknowledges he didnt make any $ for the Hopkins fight
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:13 pm

remmeber when Roy promised us this wouldnt happen

Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:19 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Ali,

Roy in the article says no, just that this is all he knows and is bored

Quote :
"What are you gonna do? You gonna box or sit around? I've been sitting around and I wasn't enjoying it," Jones told ESPN.com on Tuesday night. "This is still what I want to do. Got nothing else to do but get in trouble or get fat, so what I got to stop for? I'll fight and I'll fight to win."

"Money ain't always the issue," said Jones, despite his own financial problems. "That's not what drives me. I know I'm not making much money for this fight. But I love doing it and I still want to see if I still got it, which I think I do."

He even acknowledges he didnt make any $ for the Hopkins fight
sounds to me like he does
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:37 pm

Have any of the high profile boxers from the 90's saved any of their money ?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Lennox
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:00 pm

Yes, Lennox Lewis is a winner in more ways than one. Meanwhile the prima donnas like Jones are all broke.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Tito, DLH, and more I'm sure

We only hear about the bad
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:23 am

I was alwas a RJJ fan and I hate to see this. The only fight I want him in is against Anderson Silva in a boxing match.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:14 am

Roy dressed like a pirate again for the press conference. I think he has pugilistic dementia.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:21 am

did he really don the Captain Hook suit again?
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:27 am

Roy is gonna run out of shields to go out on soon. He should stick to mediocre opponents and stay far away from any top fighter.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:28 am

yes he did. check out fightnews
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:31 am

I have a funny feeling that Jones will become a Shumenov victim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 3:22 am

I have always been a big RJJ fan but he needs to give it up already. He has to many yes men telling him he's still the man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th   Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th Empty

Back to top Go down

Roy Jones Jr vs Danny Santiago set for Oct 7th
Page 1 of 1