Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does the NFL have a future under Roger Goodell?

Go down 
+2
LTFG
4445Frank
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Does the NFL have a future under Roger Goodell? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does the NFL have a future under Roger Goodell?   Does the NFL have a future under Roger Goodell? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:35 am

Man this thread is so lucky I'm not a mod here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Does the NFL have a future under Roger Goodell?   Does the NFL have a future under Roger Goodell? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 3:06 am

4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
Cutting Big Ben's punishment to only 4 games, not having consistency when it comes to punishing players, same unjust attitude towards yesterdays players that made this game what it is. Pete Rozelle was a brilliant visionary. Paul
T. just seemd to be good at being politically correct and staying out of the headlines. This Goodell guy doesn't know who he is and having a job like the "NFL Commissioner" is no place to accomplish that. If there is a strike of some kind between the union and the owners, Goodell should be helpless and it could seriously damage the NFL in ways we never imagined.

I really couldn't disagree more. I think Goodell is doing an excellent job. He also has the advantage of being able to use some exceptional businessmen like Bob Kraft and Jerry Jones and Randy Lerner and Arthur Blank as sounding boards.
Marble, a major screw up is a major screw up. Nixon may've been a great president had it not been for Watergate. Ben is a menace and needs to be out of the league. Cutting his suspension is madness. I should've been honest from the beginning and stated that this was my motive for my judgement of Goodell. Though to be honest, I'm not impressed with using Jerry Jones nor Arthur Blank for a sounding board, but that's a different subject.

And how exactly does the Commish banish Ben without incurring GIGANTIC legal liability? The guy not only hasn't been convicted of anything serious, he hasn't even been charged with anything serious.
Marble, if we're not going to look between the lines on this one, then the term should've never been invented. You're a smart guy. You tell me what really happened.

It doesn't matter what I think. Hell, I'm not sure it SHOULD matter what Goddell thinks. The standard ought to be one hell of a lot higher than that for banning a player.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does the NFL have a future under Roger Goodell?   Does the NFL have a future under Roger Goodell? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:24 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
4445Frank wrote:
Cutting Big Ben's punishment to only 4 games, not having consistency when it comes to punishing players, same unjust attitude towards yesterdays players that made this game what it is. Pete Rozelle was a brilliant visionary. Paul
T. just seemd to be good at being politically correct and staying out of the headlines. This Goodell guy doesn't know who he is and having a job like the "NFL Commissioner" is no place to accomplish that. If there is a strike of some kind between the union and the owners, Goodell should be helpless and it could seriously damage the NFL in ways we never imagined.

I really couldn't disagree more. I think Goodell is doing an excellent job. He also has the advantage of being able to use some exceptional businessmen like Bob Kraft and Jerry Jones and Randy Lerner and Arthur Blank as sounding boards.
Marble, a major screw up is a major screw up. Nixon may've been a great president had it not been for Watergate. Ben is a menace and needs to be out of the league. Cutting his suspension is madness. I should've been honest from the beginning and stated that this was my motive for my judgement of Goodell. Though to be honest, I'm not impressed with using Jerry Jones nor Arthur Blank for a sounding board, but that's a different subject.

And how exactly does the Commish banish Ben without incurring GIGANTIC legal liability? The guy not only hasn't been convicted of anything serious, he hasn't even been charged with anything serious.
Marble, if we're not going to look between the lines on this one, then the term should've never been invented. You're a smart guy. You tell me what really happened.

It doesn't matter what I think. Hell, I'm not sure it SHOULD matter what Goddell thinks. The standard ought to be one hell of a lot higher than that for banning a player.
Maybe you're right, however when the next girl is assaulted and 60 minutes does an expose on the pay offs, Big Ben's history, etc., I don't think you'd state that with as much confidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does the NFL have a future under Roger Goodell?   Does the NFL have a future under Roger Goodell? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does the NFL have a future under Roger Goodell?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2