Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alright...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Alright... Empty
PostSubject: Alright...   Alright... EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:23 pm

Picking a college major is really FRUSTRATING lol How the hell am I supposed to know what to do when I dont know what the market will be like once I finish? Sure there are estimates...but estimates fail all the time.

I'm tired of living check to check, driving junk ass cars (not even driving one now), and working with ex cons and felons at the factory im workin at bumpin rubber all the time with no fuckin future in that company.

Just venting a little bit here guys hahaha sorry.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Alright... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright...   Alright... EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:36 pm

paralegal or physical therapy assistant
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Alright... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright...   Alright... EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:38 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
paralegal or physical therapy assistant

my dad told me PTA, but I dont think I could be a cooped up assistant at a doctor's office for physical therapy, unless the physical therapist happened to be a very attractive young woman.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Alright... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright...   Alright... EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:05 pm

Actually thinking about a Bachelor's degree in Construction Mangement at either Bowling Green or Ohio State.

Did a little research, and by the time I'd get done with that degree...the deparment of labor is projecting a BOOM for those jobs.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

Alright... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright...   Alright... EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 5:43 pm

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT pick your major based on what the job market will be like in five years. First, it is simply not knowable. Second, especially if you are getting a technical education it will be obsolete five years after you graduate and third, you will be employed for 40-50 years, so why would you make a decision based on only the first 2-3?

Pick something you enjoy and pick something at which you can excel. I've participated in the hiring hundreds of people in my life. I never worried about what they knew. I worried about whether they could learn and required excellence of themselves. I could teach them the rest.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

Alright... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright...   Alright... EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Pick something that truly interests you.

Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Alright... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright...   Alright... EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:57 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT pick your major based on what the job market will be like in five years. First, it is simply not knowable. Second, especially if you are getting a technical education it will be obsolete five years after you graduate and third, you will be employed for 40-50 years, so why would you make a decision based on only the first 2-3?

Pick something you enjoy and pick something at which you can excel. I've participated in the hiring hundreds of people in my life. I never worried about what they knew. I worried about whether they could learn and required excellence of themselves. I could teach them the rest.

Yeah....well military/ firefighting/ law enforcement were all my tops that interrested me the most and I got told by doctors that I'm not allowed to do that because my heart murmur.

Thought about becoming a chef, but a good culinary school is ridiculously expensive to get paid so little.

Mechanical engineering also interrests me but I don't believe I could pass calculus and then chemistry would pry be tough too.
Back to top Go down

Alright... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright...   Alright... EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:26 am

NoRegret wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Yeah....well military/ firefighting/ law enforcement were all my tops that interrested me the most and I got told by doctors that I'm not allowed to do that because my heart murmur.

Thought about becoming a chef, but a good culinary school is ridiculously expensive to get paid so little.

Mechanical engineering also interrests me but I don't believe I could pass calculus and then chemistry would pry be tough too.
I agree with Marble pick something you will love to do. I am a teacher and I love going to work. I damn sure dont do it for the money LOL
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Alright... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright...   Alright... EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:31 am

soonermark890 wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

I agree with Marble pick something you will love to do. I am a teacher and I love going to work. I damn sure dont do it for the money LOL

Yeah I know man, but being financially comfortable is a big part in my decision as well. Maybe its because im still young and dumb hahaha
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Alright... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright...   Alright... EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 3:23 pm

i know waht you mean took me 3 years to pick Mass Comm - Journalism
Back to top Go down

Alright... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright...   Alright... EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
i know waht you mean took me 3 years to pick Mass Comm - Journalism
You going to be a sports writer Bird?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Alright... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright...   Alright... EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:21 am

And also guys, I took Masonry/Building trades as a vocational back in high school for a couple years, so its not like me wanting to go into construction management would be outta nowhere, I know quite a bit about that industry, and the only reason I didnt go into it originally was because how shaky the economy was around that profession.

If the Us. Bureau of Labor thinks that the job market for construction managers is gonna be on the rise by the year 2014 which is when I'd be done, then im gonna think about that.

But I was reading up on other shit yesterday and Civil Engineering made alot of sense for me too because i've always been fascinated with buildings and bridges and shit like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alright... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alright...   Alright... Empty

Back to top Go down

Alright...
Page 1 of 1