Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON Empty
PostSubject: DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON   DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 4:21 am

For those who didn't see the fight a particularly well done recap.

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2261/segura_stops_calderon_in_eight_wins_ring_junior_flyweight_title/
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON   DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:52 am

marble thanks for the fine report..its time for calderon to say thats it and go out on top..yes even with a loss its still going out on top..if he lingers there will be other results like this.a 24 by 24 ring showed segura had the confidence he could slow calderon down ands agreed to a huge ring..this is what happens when a top quality boxer has no punch to keep the other guy honest..calderon has nothing that even resembles a stinging shot to keep you somewhat honest..a fine career is in the stage of conclution.i hope calderon realizes this as says its over.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON   DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:10 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
marble thanks for the fine report..its time for calderon to say thats it and go out on top..yes even with a loss its still going out on top..if he lingers there will be other results like this.a 24 by 24 ring showed segura had the confidence he could slow calderon down ands agreed to a huge ring..this is what happens when a top quality boxer has no punch to keep the other guy honest..calderon has nothing that even resembles a stinging shot to keep you somewhat honest..a fine career is in the stage of conclution.i hope calderon realizes this as says its over.

Yup. As early as the second round Calderon was, believe it or not, "loading up" to try to land a shot that would back Segura off. I actually think he rattled Segura once, but the price he paid for going stationary is obvious.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON   DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:43 pm

Dougie Fischer does good work for ring (and before that maxboxing). To use a phrase he likes, Segura is "a card-carrying badass".

I believe last night Marble did make a post during the second or 3rd round saying that Iron Boy was loading up trying to land something big. I think my response (while not watching the fight), was that late in the fight I would hear something bad regarding one of my favorite fighters (Calderon).
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON   DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:59 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Dougie Fischer does good work for ring (and before that maxboxing). To use a phrase he likes, Segura is "a card-carrying badass".

I believe last night Marble did make a post during the second or 3rd round saying that Iron Boy was loading up trying to land something big. I think my response (while not watching the fight), was that late in the fight I would hear something bad regarding one of my favorite fighters (Calderon).

Yup. Second round. You saw the final result of that choice a little before I did.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON   DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 5:31 pm

Man, bummed I missed the fight. Old lion vs the young lion & another great Puerto Rico vs Mexico battle

Have to find the full fight and catch it, here's the video of the end

Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON   DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 5:35 pm

wow thanks for the clip..calderon will retire..sorry he quit in this fight..very obvious...he realizes its over..the taking of the knee said it all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON   DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:37 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Man, bummed I missed the fight. Old lion vs the young lion & another great Puerto Rico vs Mexico battle

Have to find the full fight and catch it, here's the video of the end

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

This will be Floyd's future if he doesn't face Manny soon.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON   DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:39 pm

That is going to be Floyd's future. If it isn't Pac, someone else will do that to him. He's wasting his career.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON   DOUGIE FISCHER ON SEGURA-CALDERON EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Here are highlights across the entire fight