Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available

Go down 
+2
OU
Birdofthad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available Empty
PostSubject: Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available   Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:41 pm

apparently the first show in Boston and Mass is not selling very well, they are expecting either thousands of emptiy seats or thousands of free comp's

Sure, the tickets aren't selling and thousands of seats will either be empty or filled with freeloaders

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available   Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:45 pm

Did u see the thread about average ticket prices for this? They are charging double what they are 119
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available   Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:57 pm

not surprised it is my opinion that they are getting to greedy too fast

Dallas 103 event was an example they wanted 8 thousand + for cage side seats cheapest ticket they were selling was 350 and up

they had to give thousands of comps away

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available   Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:15 pm

They over estimated the value of the product in this market.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available   Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:17 pm

completely agree wolf they thought oh BJ vs Frankie plus Toney and Couture and then local Kenflo will do so great

whoops
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available   Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Well, TD Garden seats nearly 20 thousand people for events such as these or wrestling events. UFC would be making an american MMA record if there was not a few thousand tickets left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available   Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:36 pm

And they want to use Cowboy Stadium Laughing
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available   Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
not surprised it is my opinion that they are getting to greedy too fast

Dallas 103 event was an example they wanted 8 thousand + for cage side seats cheapest ticket they were selling was 350 and up

they had to give thousands of comps away

I guess me and Bigs were lucky then. We both went to UFC 103 and have talked on here about the ticket prices. I don't remember now what I paid but I know it was around $100 bucks and my seat were mid level, mid way up. Also keep in mind there was no title fight that night and Rich vs Vitor was the main event.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available   Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
And they want to use Cowboy Stadium Laughing

LOL

You know what, I was surprised to see the attendance figures out here in Oakland for UFC 117

Andre Ward vs Kessler/Miranda/Green averaged almost 10k fans for each, UFC 117 which I expected to do A LOT more, drew 13k

Back to top Go down
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available   Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:59 pm

Slow economy, people are tighter with their money.

If you want to put butts in the seats, you have to keep ticket prices reasonable. Not so much the seats by the cage, but as you start moving back you should drastically reduce prices to allow the blue-collar fan a chance to attend.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available   Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:00 pm

victor879 wrote:

If you want to put butts in the seats, you have to keep ticket prices reasonable.

Yep and with HD TVs being more and more reasonably priced fans get a great experience at home and save money on beer and food.
Back to top Go down
victor879
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available   Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:02 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
victor879 wrote:

If you want to put butts in the seats, you have to keep ticket prices reasonable.

Yep and with HD TVs being more and more reasonably priced fans get a great experience at home and save money on beer and food.

Absolutely. Why pay $300 and sit in the back, when you can pay $50 and get a great view on your HD TV and not have to pay $5-6 per beer/drink?

HD TV makes a huge difference in attendance. People just don't feel they absolutely need to see it "live" because the HD TV and especially the newer LED models, make it feel like you are right there in person.

You seen the LED TVs? Crazy technology. I swear, movie makers are going to need to get better cameras to account for the extra FPS on these newer LED models.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available   Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Exactly, and really most people aren't even paying the full 50 since you are probably not watching it alone. You don't have to worry about have a few too many and you save a ton of money on tickets, travel, food, drinks ect.
You are seeing it effect all sports.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available   Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available Empty

Back to top Go down

Thousands of UFC 118 Tickets Still Available
Page 1 of 1