Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how does one know the authenticity of an autograph?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

how does one know the authenticity of an autograph? Empty
PostSubject: how does one know the authenticity of an autograph?   how does one know the authenticity of an autograph? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:34 pm

i saw something online that i want to purchase yet i have no clue if the autograph by certain boxers are real or not. how can one know?
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: how does one know the authenticity of an autograph?   how does one know the authenticity of an autograph? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:48 pm

From my experince, you can't find out on line. The businesses they get to authenticate autographs often work for a price. If you pay, they will confirm the signature as real. I think "Boxing Lawyer" knows some good people who can set you straight on this. If you see him here, ask him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how does one know the authenticity of an autograph?   how does one know the authenticity of an autograph? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:51 pm

4445Frank wrote:
From my experince, you can't find out on line. The businesses they get to authenticate autographs often work for a price. If you pay, they will confirm the signature as real. I think "Boxing Lawyer" knows some good people who can set you straight on this. If you see him here, ask him.
Yeah I think he discussed this once before with someone else.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: how does one know the authenticity of an autograph?   how does one know the authenticity of an autograph? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:58 pm

Fuck autographs. I remember they had a segment on HBO's Real Sports about guys who authenticate autographs, they put 10 different autographs for the guy to inspect and say if it was real or fake. He got like 7 out of 10 wrong. All the autographs were fake btw.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: how does one know the authenticity of an autograph?   how does one know the authenticity of an autograph? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:56 am

certificate of authenticity comes from when they have some authenticate them there at the autograph session

for instance my Foreman, Ali, and Frazier gloves come with a code number on the glove, you recieve the certificate of authenticity and a picture of the fighter signing your glove
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: how does one know the authenticity of an autograph?   how does one know the authenticity of an autograph? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:59 am

i have a book that was bought from a private collector and the frazier and ali autographs match mine and Joe did like he is known to do only he signed over Leon Spinx' name not Alis

guessing they got Ali to sign it later cause that is what they say to do

if you have an autograph picture/book/glove with Ali do not take it to Frazier he will sign over it, rule of thimb is you get Frazier to autograph first and Ali will sign next to his
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: how does one know the authenticity of an autograph?   how does one know the authenticity of an autograph? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:56 am

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
i saw something online that i want to purchase yet i have no clue if the autograph by certain boxers are real or not. how can one know?
Rum, I found the notes "Boxing Lawyer" gave me when I was looking to sell my autographed Ali photo. Here's all the info I have. BL said they were good people though I have yet to look them up. Good luck.

Antiquities of the Prize Ring
P.O. Box 678
Hilliard, OH 43206-0678
614-527-1745
JO Sports, Inc
P.O. Box 607
Brookhaven, NY 11719
(631) 286-0970
Les Wolff
PO Box 917
Plainview, NY 11803
516-933-7787

Don Scott
7541 Raliegh Lane
Jonesboro, GA 30236 (Don't have a phone number for this one.)
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: how does one know the authenticity of an autograph?   how does one know the authenticity of an autograph? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:47 pm

i collected autograph memorbilla for years on some fighters baseball players some singers and a few presidents and actors..i have bought from other collecters and highly reputable world wide autograph dealers and sold to them also.. COA IS WORTHLESS TRUST ME ON THAT.. the paying of psc or whatever there called has gotten to the point where they take money as a business to authenticate a autograph...ive seen autographs on marciano and robinson authenticated b y them that i would not touch..folks feel if they say its real its reall..they have prostituted themselves in that regaurd..on the folks i collect im an expert on there signature..the key to buying stuff like this is KNOW your autograph and when in doubt dont buy period..its learned of course there trail; and error this expertiece..i know marcianos habits and signature inside and out..also his brother soony-lou who signs as rocky...sinatras signature i know well and 99 percent of the autographs of his are secretarials...whos autograph is it your interested in..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how does one know the authenticity of an autograph?   how does one know the authenticity of an autograph? Empty

Back to top Go down

how does one know the authenticity of an autograph?
Page 1 of 1