Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? Empty
PostSubject: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:09 pm

an angel? a spirit? a black guy that lived forever?

nver really got what the hell that movie was trying to do
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:10 pm

I didnt get it either but I liked the movie. LOL
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:12 pm

i think he was a spirit that couldnt afford shoes and lived up every stereo typpe possble
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:16 pm

Ya gotta know Steven Pressfield the Author of the book. It is a telling of the ancient Hindu Script the Bhagavad Gita through Golf.

Will Smith is the God Krishna and Damon is Arjuna the warrior hero.

The novel makes it more clear. The movie is dumbed down quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:21 pm

got ya thanks for explaining that marble i never would have figured that one out haha

Redford is a fine director but not his greatest work
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:22 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
got ya thanks for explaining that marble i never would have figured that one out haha

The book was really good. Most of Pressfield's are. The movie was awful. Most of Damon's are Wink
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:25 pm

haha Matt Damon ehh

is Hagan and Jones supposed to be any gods as well?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
haha Matt Damon ehh

is Hagan and Jones supposed to be any gods as well?

Bobby Jones and Walter Hagen (real-life golfers) are portrayed in the novel as men with god-like qualities. Men who, though they haven't been exposed to God the way Arjuna has, walk in his way if you will. In the Novel Bagger repeatedly uses both Jones and Hagen as teaching tools for Arjuna.

The scene where Arjuna calls a penalty on himself when nobody else saw evokes when Jones did the same thing in the US Open in 1927ish. Jones lost that torunament by one stroke.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:45 pm

damn thanks ya i knew Jones and Hagan were real cuase my pops is a big golf guy but literally knew nothing you just told me thanks marbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:46 pm

Hey Marble and Bird what do you think about my idea in the board suggestions forum?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:47 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
damn thanks ya i knew Jones and Hagan were real cuase my pops is a big golf guy but literally knew nothing you just told me thanks marbs

Jones was a special man. When he was congratulated later for calling the penalty on himself he responded "You don't congratulate men for not robbing banks."
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:49 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Hey Marble and Bird what do you think about my idea in the board suggestions forum?

I'm a newbie here. I'm just gonna play follow the leader for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:50 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

I'm a newbie here. I'm just gonna play follow the leader for a while.
You should take a look at it. It involves you. LOL
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:40 am

reason i thought he was a spirit or something is cause of when Ardie (Jack Lemon) sees him I figured Lemmon had died and was going to heaven with bagger
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:47 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

The book was really good. Most of Pressfield's are. The movie was awful. Most of Damon's are Wink

Marble... Damon might not be the best actor in the world, but Jason Bourne is one of the biggest bad ass characters ever created. He is the 21st century John McClane. As long as we can agree on that, we can be friends my man... Wink
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:52 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

Marble... Damon might not be the best actor in the world, but Jason Bourne is one of the biggest bad ass characters ever created. He is the 21st century John McClane. As long as we can agree on that, we can be friends my man... Wink

Robert Ludlum's Jason Bourne from his 30 year old novels is an ATG badass and predates John Mclane by decades. A spectacular creation. I'm just not much of a fan of effects driven movies.

Is that good enough? Please?
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:00 pm

Bigger Vance was a lousy actor by the name of "Will Smith."
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:17 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

Robert Ludlum's Jason Bourne from his 30 year old novels is an ATG badass and predates John Mclane by decades. A spectacular creation. I'm just not much of a fan of effects driven movies.

Is that good enough? Please?

LOL... Yeah, as long as you respect the skills, that's all I ask...

Speaking of Ludlum, I read The Matarese Circle in the early 80's. A friend a couple of months ago suggested that I re-read it and grab The Matarese Countdown as well. I haven't done it yet, but plan to since I remember vaguely that the first one was a pretty decent read. Have you given them a read? And The Osterman Weekend is still by far one of my favorite novels though... That's right, even ahead of the Bourne's... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????   What The FUck Was Bagger Vance????? Empty

Back to top Go down

What The FUck Was Bagger Vance?????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: