Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?

Go down 
+5
SOKO
OU
captain organic
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
9 posters

Should the female 135 pound division be treated equally as the other divisions in Strikeforce?
No
Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? Vote_lcap18%Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Yes
Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? Vote_lcap82%Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? Vote_rcap
 82% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? Empty
PostSubject: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:09 pm

For me it's a no brainer. I understand it's a delicate balance between appearing sexually bias and making smart ratings moves. I understand that specific women fighters may not be significant draws and don't deserve to be on maincards anymore than male fighters who also can't draw. I also understand promoting women's MMA is a different bag than promoting men's MMA.

But I absolutely I do not buy into the argument that women fighters should feel content to fight on the undercard of challenger cards simply because they are women. I also don't buy into the argument that they should feel lucky because without Strikeforce they wouldn't be on TV at all. This argument is the most common criticism of Kaufman, Tate, and Toughill when they voice concerns with their card placement. I feel that kind of thinking runs a slippery slope into open sexism. MMA's critics could then use that as a way to criticize and label the fans of the sport. I commend Strikeforce for making these efforts to give fighters at 135 a televised opportunity, but that kind of thinking, especially to the female athletes in question might sound a lot like those who said women coal miners should be thankful for being able to have a job at all, and to stop worrying about the differences in pay. MMA shouldn't look to alienate women viewers either. MMA doesn't need enimies within the feminist movement.

I think when it comes to fighters at the championship level, uniformity in promotion across sex-lines is a must at this stage of the game in our society. Strikeforce, women's MMA, and by extension the entire sport of MMA doesn't need a sexism scandal or accusations.

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:15 pm

Yeah, i think they should be on main cards. They are pulling in pretty good ratings for the Challengers cards, i think they could probably help the main cards.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm not calling anyone sexist who disagrees by the way.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:17 pm

Except SOONERS.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Gotta go yes. Once SF made the commitment to forming these women's division's, they are then obligated to treat the title holders of these divisions like champions.

But if I were they, I'd get rid of the "challenger" moniker, and make the friday night fights a bigger attraction, and thus housing a quality women's fight(or a high quality men's fight) on that show would not be seen as degrading.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Except SOONERS.

Why? What did I say. How can I be sexist? I love bitches Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Quote :
Gotta go yes. Once SF made the commitment to forming these women's division's, they are then obligated to treat the title holders of these divisions like champions.

But if I were they, I'd get rid of the "challenger" moniker, and make the friday night fights a bigger attraction, and thus housing a quality women's fight(or a high quality men's fight) on that show would not be seen as degrading.

Both of these are excellent points. Strikeforce isn't bound to numbered events like the UFC, so they could easily promote challenger cards like they do larger events.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:28 pm

I like how Bellator mixed up the female and male fighters on that last card. Started with a HW slugfest and then had a very slick female grappler vs a game female wrestler.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Strikeforce did something similar with their one night tournament.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:31 pm

All the female fighters who competed within the last week were competitive and game, and they all put on exciting fights. Both events turned out as well as possible.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:33 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
All the female fighters who competed within the last week were competitive and game, and they all put on exciting fights. Both events turned out as well as possible.

Yeah I like how Bellator has a wide range of WC and also female MMA. Helps to have quality cards worthy of watching each week. I don't see why any organization not owned by Zuffa wouldn't do the same.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Who voted no?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Who voted no?

It may appear that I was by my first comments(I was joking), but I was not the one who voted no.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:46 pm

I might have accidentally voted no. Probably because i though yes would have been the first option and didnt really look...but i'm not sure.

i vote yes though.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:00 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
Except SOONERS.

Why? What did I say. How can I be sexist? I love bitches Very Happy

great answer sooners
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:11 pm

I voted yes

they should be on cards i do not think Kauffman or Tate have the star power to be the main event like Carano did but they should be on the cards
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:20 pm

I voted no and I will tell you why. Because until they are fighting nude it usually isn't worth watching. And even if they were fighting nude, who the fuck wants to see Sarah Kaufman naked?

Q: Why don't you like to watch it?

A: Cyborg vs. Finney
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:33 pm

You're a loser andrew.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:15 pm

Yes....YES....YES....YES! There is no way they won't be on the main card next time around. Meisha is popular and Kaufmann just pulled off the biggest highlight in womens MMA history. Kaufman is gonna beat that ass!

BTW Ali would definately do Sara!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:21 am

A loser with a family, a house and nearly enough moolah to retire on and I am 10 years away from 50. Ahhhh, what kind of winner are you Wolf?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:00 pm

I always assumed based from context that you were a single male under the age of 27 with 0 responsibilities.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:15 pm

Sorry to disappoint.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?   Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have Sarah Kaufman and Miesha Tate earned a spot on a maincard?
Page 1 of 1