Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"

Go down 
+2
captainanddew
KingsOwn19
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" Empty
PostSubject: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:32 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:36 pm

Bernard was strangely coherent in that interview, maybe Roy's rabbit punches have knocked a little sense back into his head.

He's right though, James is going to end up on his back getting grounded into dust, I'll stay keep my fingers crossed for an upset though Smile

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:36 pm

Agreed. Toney is going to be in deep trouble because it is going to go to the ground pretty quickly.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:46 pm

by a white boy no less
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Why didn't Bernard open his mouth about James when he was a professional boxer? Why haven't I heard Tony's name come out of Bernard's mouth even though he had numerous opportunities to call him out? Hopkins needs to shut the fuck up. Toney is a better fighter than him and he's jealous.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:28 pm

Nice pics King.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Hopkins vs Toney is a great fight that should have happened. Weight is probably why it never happened, by the time Hopkins moved to Light Heavyweight Toney was a Heavyweight.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:35 pm

TOney get his ass kicked by Couture gets booted from UFC, Hopkins vs TOney at heacyweight
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:14 am

4445Frank wrote:
Why didn't Bernard open his mouth about James when he was a professional boxer? Why haven't I heard Tony's name come out of Bernard's mouth even though he had numerous opportunities to call him out? Hopkins needs to shut the fuck up. Toney is a better fighter than him and he's jealous.

That is very debateable!!
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:08 am

James Toney had more talent than BHOP could ever dream of. He also squandered quite a bit of that talent.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:13 am

captainanddew wrote:
James Toney had more talent than BHOP could ever dream of. He also squandered quite a bit of that talent.
Agreed. I don't see much of a comparison between these two at all. One guy fights everyone from MW to HW while the other has his biggest win ever over a blown up welterweight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:49 am

4445Frank wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Agreed. I don't see much of a comparison between these two at all. One guy fights everyone from MW to HW while the other has his biggest win ever over a blown up welterweight.

Wow. I won't touch that.

BHop is right though. Couture takes Toney down and ends it. He's not going to try and prove he can stand with him. I think it'll be bad. The X factor is that Couture is old. Not anything Toney does.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:00 am

4445Frank wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

I hope ur not 1 of the guys who hate Margo for cheating and then talk about how good Toney is especially with his steriod use?? He may have had more talent than B-Hop but no where near the heart or fight. U say he moved up to fight at HW?? He had no choice he wouldnt train for shit. He moved up cause he could eat whatever the hell he wanted. He was never a serious HW fighter in my opion. Beating Evander just doesnt sell him to me at HW. B-Hop had a nice win vs Tarver at light heavy and it may not sound like much but Roy couldnt do it. Yes I thought Tarver beat Roy in the 1st fight also. So they are at least debateable.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:00 am

I rarely,if ever order PPV's,but I will buy this one.Solid undercard,if I'm not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:01 am

I rarely,if ever order PPV's,but I will buy this one.Solid undercard,if I'm not mistaken.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:02 am

Yeah the card is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:02 am

[quote="timthebim"]
4445Frank wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

I hope ur not 1 of the guys who hate Margo for cheating and then talk about how good Toney is especially with his steriod use?? He may have had more talent than B-Hop but no where near the heart or fight. U say he moved up to fight at HW?? He had no choice he wouldnt train for shit. He moved up cause he could eat whatever the hell he wanted. He was never a serious HW fighter in my opion. Beating Evander just doesnt sell him to me at HW. B-Hop had a nice win vs Tarver at light heavy and it may not sound like much but Roy couldnt do it. Yes I thought Tarver beat Roy in the 1st fight also. So they are at least debateable.[/quote]Agreed. Point well taken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:05 pm

There's a funny article on Toney in ESPN the Mag. I'll scan it later if people want.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:30 pm

I would like to check it out if u could.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"   Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked" Empty

Back to top Go down

Bernard Hopkins: "I think James Toney is going to get his ass kicked"
Page 1 of 1