Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chavez vs. Wolak off

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

Chavez vs. Wolak off Empty
PostSubject: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Article on boxingscene and Mr. Twinkie (Dan Rafael) tweeted the same thing. Chavez Jr. vs Wolak is off. So no fights in the interim for Chavez Jr. and the fight against Miguel Cotto will be next. I believe date reported previously was December 4th.
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:01 pm

ya know what, i think he COULD win
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:51 pm

I honestly don't think a Chavez win is out of the question either. He is very close to a MW and would be fighting a man that is really a WW. He will have learned a lot from Roach(in theory). If he comes in jabbing and keeps Cotto off of him, he would win. With that being said, I would still put my money on Cotto. I just don't think Bob would put Chavez in a fight where he gets blown out and loses virtually all credibility. Bob loves to milk cash cows for all they are worth.
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:52 pm

jr might start to think he is his dad, and go to war with cotto, and then he would......die probably
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:52 pm

must've not wanted to put anything to chance.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:03 pm

sugarrayhatton wrote:
jr might start to think he is his dad, and go to war with cotto, and then he would......die probably

LOL

I do give him a shot though, tall MW, decent pop, good jab when he uses, could be catching Cotto at the right time...
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:06 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
sugarrayhatton wrote:

LOL

I do give him a shot though, tall MW, decent pop, good jab when he uses, could be catching Cotto at the right time...

yea thats why i give him a chance to win, i think cotto is on his way down, but is still a good win for chavez, so it could be good match making (or they could be milking the cash cow)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:11 pm

Disgusting, Cotto turns down a Berto fight for this crap.

Boxing is fucked.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:15 pm

just amy have to cosign on that lease ALi
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:31 pm

I'll give Cotto a pass. He took on Quintana, Zab, Mosley, Margarito, Clottey, and Pac during a 36 month span(late 06-late 09). Thats 6 guys who were ranked in top 10 by ring at 147.

He can have his big money fight and hopefully end any hype around Chavez.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:39 pm

Big money ?? HBO would pay for Cotto vs Berto, this is going to be on Top Rank ppv.

And let's be honest here for all his guts and courage Foreman wasn't a high quality opponent nor was he 100% fit, that was his confidence builder which was suppose to lead to a biggish fight.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:43 pm

It will pay Cotto at least twice as much as HBO would shell out for Berto.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:10 pm

captainanddew wrote:
It will pay Cotto at least twice as much as HBO would shell out for Berto.

+1

And if they make Montiel vs Donaire, wont be as bad
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:56 pm

Cotto vs Chavez Jr will be a big draw ethnically. Puerto Rico vs. Mexico is a big thing.
I think it does pretty darn good on PPV. Chavez Jr. gets paid well for Latin Fury PPVs. He is a strong draw in the Mexican community, even if he isn't a top fighter.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chavez vs. Wolak off   Chavez vs. Wolak off Empty

Back to top Go down

Chavez vs. Wolak off
Page 1 of 1