Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin

Go down 
+7
SOKO
GDPofDRC
Birdofthad
captain organic
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:38 pm

RIP Forrest Griffin.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Another waste of time fight for Bones. Griffin doesn't have dick for him. Everyone knows that already. I thought Dana had a soft spot for Forrest, he's just been throwing him to the wolves lately.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:46 pm

bbc12 4 life!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:49 pm

This isn't a waste of time fight at all. Griffin is by far the biggest and best name Bones has faced. Griffin has surprised us before with wins over Rua and Jackson and is highly experienced and well rounded.

Even if this is a squash match after all it raises Bones profile significantly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:50 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Another waste of time fight for Bones. Griffin doesn't have dick for him. Everyone knows that already. I thought Dana had a soft spot for Forrest, he's just been throwing him to the wolves lately.

I agree it's a complete waste of time, Griffin is being used as a stepping stone here and it's revolting to see.

I'd rather see Thiago Alves in there with Bones, he's still young and dangerous.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:51 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
This isn't a waste of time fight at all. Griffin is by far the biggest and best name Bones has faced. Griffin has surprised us before with wins over Rua and Jackson and is highly experienced and well rounded.

true dat!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:54 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Obviously he's the biggest name but he doesn't have shit for Bones and his in-guard defense is absolutely awful. If this fight doesn't end in the first round with Forrest's skull bouncing off the canvas repeatedly by Jones' elbows then well...I just don't know what I'll do. I'm not arguing that its a good name to raise the profile of Bones I just think a fight with a Franklin or Thiago would've been much more interesting. The last 2 times Forrest has been in there one ended by a total embarrassment against a similarly more athletic, faster fighter and the other he would have lost if Tito had any cardio. Not impressive
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:56 pm

Forrest couldn't even finish an over the hill gassed Tito.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:02 pm

Ya, two good competitive LHW's shouldn't be matched up because one is younger than the other one or whatever. Makes sense to me. The fuck? No seriously, what. in. the. fuck?

The name of the game in the UFC is winning fights. If Griffin already is too washed up to beat a kid like Jones whose never even fought anybody then why is he still even in the fucking UFC?

Forrest could win this fight and if he did he'd be back in the mix for a title shot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:04 pm

Forrest vs Franklin makes much more sense.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:05 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Obviously he's the biggest name but he doesn't have shit for Bones and his in-guard defense is absolutely awful. If this fight doesn't end in the first round with Forrest's skull bouncing off the canvas repeatedly by Jones' elbows then well...I just don't know what I'll do. I'm not arguing that its a good name to raise the profile of Bones I just think a fight with a Franklin or Thiago would've been much more interesting. The last 2 times Forrest has been in there one ended by a total embarrassment against a similarly more athletic, faster fighter and the other he would have lost if Tito had any cardio. Not impressive

If Forrest loses badly Forrest loses badly. This is the UFC. To deny him and Bones the opportunity to fight eachother to "protect" Griffin is maddenly absurd. Furthermore Rich Franklin offers less of a challenge than Griffin does. Griffin is the only LHW who is close to Bones in size, where as Franklin would be a dwarf against him. Otherwise the two are similarly skilled, with similar power and similar speed.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:06 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

I don't deny I'd rather see this fight, but I kind of like the aggressive match making the UFC employs.

I don't write Forrest off for a moment in there. Bones is far from invincible, especially at his age.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:08 pm

I've got Bones crushing Griffin, but you know, at 23, this is the type of fight he should be fighting. Progression.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

If Forrest loses badly Forrest loses badly. This is the UFC. To deny him and Bones the opportunity to fight eachother to "protect" Griffin is maddenly absurd. Furthermore Rich Franklin offers less of a challenge than Griffin does. Griffin is the only LHW who is close to Bones in size, where as Franklin would be a dwarf against him. Otherwise the two are similarly skilled, with similar power and similar speed.

Who cares about protecting Griffin? I just think out of the few names that were floating out there for Bones to fight, this is the easiest opponent and the one I least wanted to see
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:12 pm

I've got Tito crushing Griffin. Whoops.

I've got Shogun crushing Griffin. Whoops.

I've got Rampage crushing Griffin. Whoops.

Ok I learned my lession, Griffin will hang with Anderson. Whoops.

Oh nevermind then, I've got Bones crushing Griffin.

I'm seeing a trend here. Don't count our boy out yet.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:13 pm

Griffin has more size and wrestling than Franklin does. Vlad is a great fighter but if you remember when he fought Ortiz, Ortiz mauled him for five uncompetitive rounds in wrestling, where as Forrest was able to stop shots and hang with Tito much more competitively.

Any way you slice it it is a step up in competition.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:20 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I've got Tito crushing Griffin. Whoops.

I've got Shogun crushing Griffin. Whoops.

I've got Rampage crushing Griffin. Whoops.

Ok I learned my lession, Griffin will hang with Anderson. Whoops.

Oh nevermind then, I've got Bones crushing Griffin.

I'm seeing a trend here. Don't count our boy out yet.

nobody(besides you maybe) said Tito was going to crush Griffin this last time out.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:22 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Griffin has more size and wrestling than Franklin does. Vlad is a great fighter but if you remember when he fought Ortiz, Ortiz mauled him for five uncompetitive rounds in wrestling, where as Forrest was able to stop shots and hang with Tito much more competitively.

Any way you slice it it is a step up in competition.

c'mon wolf, Tito fought Vlad in 01, that was prime Tito, the tito that lost to Griffin was the ring rusted, washed up tito. 2 totally different guys.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:25 pm

capin is right, 2001 Tito vs the one that has gone 6 rounds with forrest is alot different thing

Run Forrest Run, your about to get murdered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:27 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

I don't deny I'd rather see this fight, but I kind of like the aggressive match making the UFC employs.

I don't write Forrest off for a moment in there. Bones is far from invincible, especially at his age.

Ok I am glad they're finally giving Bones a big step up in competition but I just don't like the choice of Griffin, he's not looked good since the loss to Rashad.

Bones isn't invincible nor is he experienced he'll get his tough fight eventually.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:28 pm

I was talking about the 05 fight that everyone who was watching MMA at the time thought was a joke match that Ortiz would rule easily. Ortiz in 05 was about as good as he ever was.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:35 am

Griffin is a step up. At this point Hamill, Vera and Vlad are equal tier fighters, Forrest is on that next tier, the one fight away from contention tier. I expect Bones to beat him easy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:48 am

Ali_1748 wrote:

agreed
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:37 pm

This is close enough for me to attend! I may grab a few tickets for this show
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin   Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumor - UFC 123 at the United Center with Machida vs Jackson and Bones Jones vs Griffin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next