Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Here's to the Losers.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Here's to the Losers.  Empty
PostSubject: Here's to the Losers.    Here's to the Losers.  EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:40 pm

When thinking about certain crooked promoters and fighters getting robbed, one particular fight stays etched in my memory. It’s not because of the fight itself, but the comment of one of the female onlookers made after the decision. The fight was Whitiker vs. Chavez. After the decision, the woman commented, “I know the pain a fighter goes through in preparing for a fight. It’s torture….and to do all that, then get robbed like this.” I remember because I think all of us have nearly worked ourselves to death for something that was imperative to us only to have it snatched away in some capacity. So, here’s to all the unrelenting warriors who came out on the short end of a decision they deserved. No, I don’t think Glen Johnson got ripped off. That was a close fight though the judges had no respect for that. It was obvious that if Glen won by 4 rounds, the decision would’ve went the other way. Only the regulation of boxing can put a dent in this type of practice. It still boggles my mind that, in America, with a sport as popular as professional boxing, there is no real regulation. No union. The realism is that our sport is run by a sort of Anarchy group of crime triads, or a group that has the money to put on a fight. From the 4 to 6 title belts per division, to the robbing of fighters of both decisions and money, an overflow of letters to Congress is the only answer I have in relation to this subject. That’s highly unlikely. So, I guess all I could do is salute these so called losers who, while the decision has been taken away from them, somehow find a resource of determination to continue on and fight even harder.
Back to top Go down

Here's to the Losers.
Page 1 of 1