Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Off to Alexander-Kotelnik

Go down 
+3
NBrooks5
Canvas
UBeeg9cats
7 posters
AuthorMessage
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Off to Alexander-Kotelnik Empty
PostSubject: Off to Alexander-Kotelnik   Off to Alexander-Kotelnik EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Off to the fights. Only my second time going with first being Spinks-Latimore. Im hoping to see all the big names rumored to be in attendance and Im expecting fireworks from Cloud-Johnson.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Off to Alexander-Kotelnik   Off to Alexander-Kotelnik EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:35 pm

If you see Mayweather, give him a swift kick in the ass from all of us...
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Off to Alexander-Kotelnik   Off to Alexander-Kotelnik EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Have fun.

Bring a sign and give a shout out to the board. LOL
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Off to Alexander-Kotelnik   Off to Alexander-Kotelnik EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Please provide a detailed write up when you get back from the fights and read this thread. Hope you had a great evening of boxing and the fights more than lived up to the ticket price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Off to Alexander-Kotelnik   Off to Alexander-Kotelnik EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 8:42 pm

You lucky son of a bee-sting, enjoy the card.
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Off to Alexander-Kotelnik   Off to Alexander-Kotelnik EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:28 am

Fights were a lot of fun. My friends got their picture taken with Max and I said hi to Dan Rafael. Didn't have good enough tickets to get close to Floyd, Evander, or anyone else famous(STL Rams and Blues in attendance).

As for the fights: a prospect named Ramzan Adaev looked decent technically with some pop but allowed local fighter Chris Tyler roughhouse him. Adaev still got the decision but it was a poor looking fight. Poor local fighter Ryan Pederson was in a swing bout after Spinks got TKO'ed. Pederson was knocked out in 23 seconds last time so it was nice to see him last 1:26 this time Very Happy

K9 came out with an unbelievable and unmaintainable work rate in the first. Spinks was dodging just enough not to get KO'ed. By the 3rd round, K9 slowed and I expected Spinks superior skills were going to surface and carry the day. The 4th showed K9 taking control again. The 5th was a nice close round until Spinks got on the ropes and K9 started unloading shots until he connected with a monstrous left uppercut i think and Spinks' eyes went glassy and he got hit with a right hook that sent him down. I was amazed to see Spinks get to his feet and I thought the ref was going to allow it to continue but it was waved off late into the count with Cory somewhat unresponsive.

Johnson-Cloud was a very nice fight. Cloud came out with power and nice workrate. I felt after the first quarter of the fight that Johnson starting timing Cloud better as well as Cloud didnt throw as much. I thought it was closer but was not scoring the rounds. I knew Cloud would get the decision because the Road Warrior never wins close fights and Cloud's punches came in sudden bunches and looked more powerful aka they looked more impressive than Glen's more steady work and nice pot shots.

The atmosphere picked up for Alexander's fight. There was only a small contingent of Kotelnik fans but they were louder than Alexander's fans for good chunks of the fight despite being outnumbered 300 to 1. Alexander looked quick as always but never seemed to crack Kotelnik's defense. I wanted him to go to the body more. Alexander's head was snapped back with stunning regularity. The cut seemed to get Devon a little off his game as well. I did think Devon rallied near the end of the fight a little bit. It was a gritty but not impressive performance. The crowd was definitely nervous about an upset and the people I went with thought Kotelnik won(they don't actually watch boxing).

Bradley doesn't have power either but Devon must improve his defense for that fight. I am excited for it and hope it comes to the Lou. I think it was all but destined to come here before Spinks lost and ruined the potential undercard of Spinks-Angulo. Also, Floyd got a huge reaction every time he was on screen. I tried to get a Pac chant started when he was called into the ring but no one chimed in. Speaking of Pac, I believe he could easily hold 3 belts at JMW with the current trinket holders and that would've seemed crazy just a couple months ago.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Off to Alexander-Kotelnik   Off to Alexander-Kotelnik EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:31 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
Fights were a lot of fun. My friends got their picture taken with Max and I said hi to Dan Rafael. Didn't have good enough tickets to get close to Floyd, Evander, or anyone else famous(STL Rams and Blues in attendance).

As for the fights: a prospect named Ramzan Adaev looked decent technically with some pop but allowed local fighter Chris Tyler roughhouse him. Adaev still got the decision but it was a poor looking fight. Poor local fighter Ryan Pederson was in a swing bout after Spinks got TKO'ed. Pederson was knocked out in 23 seconds last time so it was nice to see him last 1:26 this time Very Happy

K9 came out with an unbelievable and unmaintainable work rate in the first. Spinks was dodging just enough not to get KO'ed. By the 3rd round, K9 slowed and I expected Spinks superior skills were going to surface and carry the day. The 4th showed K9 taking control again. The 5th was a nice close round until Spinks got on the ropes and K9 started unloading shots until he connected with a monstrous left uppercut i think and Spinks' eyes went glassy and he got hit with a right hook that sent him down. I was amazed to see Spinks get to his feet and I thought the ref was going to allow it to continue but it was waved off late into the count with Cory somewhat unresponsive.

Johnson-Cloud was a very nice fight. Cloud came out with power and nice workrate. I felt after the first quarter of the fight that Johnson starting timing Cloud better as well as Cloud didnt throw as much. I thought it was closer but was not scoring the rounds. I knew Cloud would get the decision because the Road Warrior never wins close fights and Cloud's punches came in sudden bunches and looked more powerful aka they looked more impressive than Glen's more steady work and nice pot shots.

The atmosphere picked up for Alexander's fight. There was only a small contingent of Kotelnik fans but they were louder than Alexander's fans for good chunks of the fight despite being outnumbered 300 to 1. Alexander looked quick as always but never seemed to crack Kotelnik's defense. I wanted him to go to the body more. Alexander's head was snapped back with stunning regularity. The cut seemed to get Devon a little off his game as well. I did think Devon rallied near the end of the fight a little bit. It was a gritty but not impressive performance. The crowd was definitely nervous about an upset and the people I went with thought Kotelnik won(they don't actually watch boxing).

Bradley doesn't have power either but Devon must improve his defense for that fight. I am excited for it and hope it comes to the Lou. I think it was all but destined to come here before Spinks lost and ruined the potential undercard of Spinks-Angulo. Also, Floyd got a huge reaction every time he was on screen. I tried to get a Pac chant started when he was called into the ring but no one chimed in. Speaking of Pac, I believe he could easily hold 3 belts at JMW with the current trinket holders and that would've seemed crazy just a couple months ago.

Thanks for the writeup and glad you had a good night!
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Off to Alexander-Kotelnik   Off to Alexander-Kotelnik EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:40 am

Glad u enjoyed the fights. Ever since going to Cotto-Foreman i've been dying to go to another card. Really nothing big coming up in NY. Hopefully when Martinez-Williams II gets made i'll be there in Atlantic City.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Off to Alexander-Kotelnik   Off to Alexander-Kotelnik EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:43 am

hope you had a great night at the fights

wow Cory lost to K 9 I need to go cry somewhere first i have to watch Twilight and know this , ooohhh what a roller coaster of a night

Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Off to Alexander-Kotelnik   Off to Alexander-Kotelnik EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:48 am

I forgot the CW fight. Ryan Coyne was matched with a undefeated at HW but shrinking Willie Browning. Browning had fought way worse competition than Coyne but did look the bigger man for a couple rounds. He obviously ran out of gas and it was only a matter of time until Coyne hit him with the big shot. The crowd loved to see a local fighter win a national trinket lol.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Off to Alexander-Kotelnik   Off to Alexander-Kotelnik EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:52 am

what were the prices like?

nothing like getting to go to fihts in person

will never forgert going to a local boxing show at ACC, i saw this poor kid get absolutely robbed, during the swing fight after main event look over and who is it , its the kid "THe Hurricane" that got absolutely robbed, told him he got fucked, nothing like being at the fights and seeing fighters.

Felt sorry for him he said (and i will never forget this)) : "I should have said i was fighting out of Dallas."

he said he was fighting out of New Orleans (he was from N.O. moved to dallas after Katrina) said he wanted to represent New Orleans, but of course the Texas kid got the bullshit decision, it was pretty maddening, felt bad for him, least i could do was tell him he won IMO.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Off to Alexander-Kotelnik   Off to Alexander-Kotelnik EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 9:05 am

I live in Virginia and I am hitting up Atlantic City if there is a good card in November or December.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off to Alexander-Kotelnik   Off to Alexander-Kotelnik Empty

Back to top Go down

Off to Alexander-Kotelnik
Page 1 of 1