Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.

Go down 
+2
josh200612
Wolfgangsta
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. Empty
PostSubject: Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.   Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:10 pm

Decent for horror movies. The first one was much better than the second, but I enjoyed how the first and second movie were a connected narrative. I liked the all female cast in the first one, and didn't like the boring co-ed cast for the second. I understand it wouldn't be realistic to have an all female rescue party, but making the men weaklings in comparison seemed cliche as well. Second one was a lot cheesier.

I liked the creatures, even if they weren't that realistic. No animal would completely lose it's vision unless it was isolated entirely from the surface. These creatures were somehow capable surface hunters of big game, yet if you stood still they'd walk right past you and couldn't smell you or infer that the caverns have new objects in them. If a humanoid species was trapped inside caves they'd have memory of the echo-signatures of their cave system and would know if someone was sitting in a room. Also, their skulls were remarkably easy to puncture and you'd assume with their primary humanoid killing tool being a bite to the jugular that they would evolve think skin around their necks and wouldn't die from being stabbed with tiny hairclips.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.   Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:26 pm

loved the first one still havnt seen the second yet but my try it out now. i remember watching the first one with my gf at the time and she was laying on top of me watching the movie and right when on of the creatures popped up out of no where all i heard was her loud ass scream and it made me jump up and she flew off the couch lol.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.   Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:14 pm

Have the first on DVD but never saw the 2nd. Seemed awful
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.   Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:16 pm

The cave kept reminding me of Eaters of the Dead.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.   Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:32 pm

The Descent was a strong horror movie. Underrated.

I didnt even know there was a sequel.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.   Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:38 pm

I remember the Descent came out pretty close to Aja's remake of the Hills Have Eyes which I also really enjoyed. The sequel to that was awful as well not surprisingly
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.   Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Sequel was direct to DVD here in the US, which is odd because the original release did well stateside and has a good following, The sequel isn't simply a random new group of teenagers whatever like most direct release interchangable worthless horror sequels, instead it concerns the immediate days after the events of the first movie and the rescue party searching for the girls after Sarah ends up escaping. Similar budget, the same director oversaw this movie, everything.

Should have went to theaters.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.   Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:21 pm

josh200612 wrote:
loved the first one still havnt seen the second yet but my try it out now. i remember watching the first one with my gf at the time and she was laying on top of me watching the movie and right when on of the creatures popped up out of no where all i heard was her loud ass scream and it made me jump up and she flew off the couch lol.

Two Questions....Was she laying on your back and was it a hamster or gerbil? Squirt
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.   Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:26 pm

laying on my stomach and it was a emu.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.   Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:37 pm

josh200612 wrote:
laying on my stomach and it was a emu.

lol! good comeback!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.   Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:24 pm

I liked the first one, it had a great claustrophobic and eerie feel to it. The sequel wasn't directed by Neil Marshall.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.   Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:05 pm

thank you sir!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.   Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:42 pm

No but he was executive producer and in charge of it's development.

Due to the first film being a commercial and critical success, it was decided that a sequel would be produced. While Marshall wouldn't direct the film, he was assigned to oversee its production.[2]

Marshall received the first draft of the film in late July 2006, with no directors or cast in mind. He made it clear that intended to incorporate more of the feeling of claustrophobia like that of a particular scene in the previous film. Marshall tells Bloody-Disgusting.com about new ideas for the film, "The monsters they can deal with, and a bit of the claustrophobia, they can deal with, but the combination is definitely something we want to incorporate that into the sequel, by putting the monster and the girls in a really tight spot."[3]

When The Descent was released in 2006 in the United States, Lionsgate picked up the film as distributor and edited the last few minutes of the film, changing the ending. When Dreadcentral.com asked Marshall which of the film's two endings the sequel would be picking up after, he said that it wouldn't be known until he approved a script.[4]

Filming began in May 2008 at Ealing Studios in London. Ealing Studios was featured on BBC London in June 2008 going behind the scenes of the filming of 'Part 2'. In that broadcast it was confirmed that Shauna MacDonald would be returning to play her character Sarah. Most of the other original cast members are now also returning although most of them only in flashbacks and possible hallucinations. The film was shot on all three of the main stages at Ealing Studios[5] and some scenes were filmed on location at the Bourne Woods near Farnham in southwest Surrey, England.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.   Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night. Empty

Back to top Go down

Watched "The Descent" and "The Descent part 2" last night.
Page 1 of 1