Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breaking news...

Go down 
+6
Andrew the Raider King
Birdofthad
timthebim
Ludo
bobbitt15
LTFG
10 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 5:30 pm

All fighters make weight for the SF Challengers card. I know you were all on the edge of your seats wondering.

Damn, it's been dead for the last couple of weeks. Usually when it gets like this you can count on a controversy of some kind popping up. Hell, even Dana and Sonnen have been unusually quiet. Well, have a good weekend all...
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 5:42 pm

I'm like crackhead going through detox right now with this lack of MMA. Weekends feel boring as fuck when there aren't fights on
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Smoke crack, Bird. You'll find a way to pass the time then whether it be cleaning your bathroom with a toothbrush or taking apart your car and alphabetizing the parts.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 7:18 pm

LOL. It does suck with no MMA on. Its pretty slow right now but next month it really picks up.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 8:03 pm

think you meant bobbitt Ludo

so Challengers and FNF is tongiht/?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 8:18 pm

Fucking Dana needs to recognize that it is harder to sell PPVs in august when football is starting up, than throughout June and July when there is none on. Then have the big break in August, giving people very little and hit them hard in September with a kick ass card after they have been missing the real action of a fight over the slower pace of football.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:06 pm

Most football is on during the day and the fights start at night so I dont think its that bad.
Back to top Go down

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:51 pm

It's the calm before next month's storm.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Oh yeah, My bad Bird. I did mean Bobbitt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 10:09 pm

All you green names look the same to Me...
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 10:25 pm

Oh shiznit, i forgot about Challengers tonight. DVR=set.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:22 pm

LudoCain wrote:
All you green names look the same to Me...

Lol you colorist
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:27 am

hahah its ok colorist haha taht was funny

so can i get a card breakdownmn?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:03 am

Del Rosario walked through Mahe and stopped him in the first round

Kaufman powerbombed the chick she was fighting and knocked her out in the 2nd

Voelker won a questionable split decision in a good fight

Kyle choked out Abongo in the 2nd. Abongo was winning the fight to that point but he gassed
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 9:02 am

I missed the fights where they good??
Back to top Go down

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:52 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Del Rosario walked through Mahe and stopped him in the first round

Kaufman powerbombed the chick she was fighting and knocked her out in the 2nd

Voelker won a questionable split decision in a good fight

Kyle choked out Abongo in the 2nd. Abongo was winning the fight to that point but he gassed
The powerbomb from Kaufman came in the third right? Whats funny is I think the other chick was winning the fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:14 pm

I had Sarah up 2-0 until that round which Roxi was winning. Awesome win for Sarah. She's right now the #1 to #3 at worst P4P female fighter on the whole planet, and the best 135'r.

I think she's earned a maincard spot on a bonafide Strikeforce event, as opposed to being co-headliner on Strikeforce's version of Ultimate Fight Night. Or is that still too much to ask?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:24 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I had Sarah up 2-0 until that round which Roxi was winning. Awesome win for Sarah. She's right now the #1 to #3 at worst P4P female fighter on the whole planet, and the best 135'r.

I think she's earned a maincard spot on a bonafide Strikeforce event, as opposed to being co-headliner on Strikeforce's version of Ultimate Fight Night. Or is that still too much to ask?

Firsy round could've went either way I guess. Sara still proved that she is a force to be reckoned with at 135lbs. I would like to see her get a strength coach and move up and fight Cyborg in about a year.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Overall this event was awesome. I wish everyone would have made this slate of fights more of a priority. As occassionally happens in MMA, UFC or Strikeforce, sometimes these smaller cards with lesser known names deliver more action when the mega cards sometimes don't. Overall I think it was better than the last major Strikeforce event.

I don't know that Abongo was really winning by all that much, the fight was really competitive anyway, until Kyle put him away. Abongo is a legitimate athlete who has a build that will make his ground game dangerous, and if he can add some seasoning to his striking he's a legitimate threat, but Mike Kyle has quietly become one of the more under appreciated fighters in recent times. His last loss was a submission to Werdum, which isn't that deflating in retrospect is it?

Del Rosario is ready to become a big time challenger. I almost wish he was in the UFC because a match with JDS would be really interesting, but I suppose he can serve as Strikeforce's bizarro Dos Santos.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:47 pm

surprised how easily Mahe gave in, he took way bigger shots vs Lavar.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:55 pm

Did he take many body shots though? I kind of remember that bout being a test of chins. The body work is what did Mahe in.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Did he take many body shots though? I kind of remember that bout being a test of chins. The body work is what did Mahe in.

true.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

I would think that a Kaufman-Coenen fight would be on the main card of a SF event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Breaking news... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking news...   Breaking news... Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking news...
Page 1 of 1