Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year Empty
PostSubject: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:30 pm

That was crazy, blew Kessler vs Froch round 12 out of the water in my opinion.

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:32 pm

I agree. That was the best round I've seen this year. I didn't have the same off my couch response when watchin Kessler vs Froch (even though round 12 was a very good round).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:36 pm

I think the whole neighbourhood heard me roar when JuanMa went down Laughing
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:42 pm

Yeah, Juan Ma going down was a bit shocking. I was watching and typing a post at the same time that it occurred.

the post I was typing was, Concepcion down again, ref stops it(yeah I was anticipating). Then blammo, desperation left hook, and Juan Ma goes down, Juan Ma goes down.

And it wasn't a flash knockdown where a guy gets up and isn't hurt at all. He wasn't seriously hurt, but he was definitely buzzed.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:43 pm

easily best round so far
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Honestly it looked like the bell saved him, JuanMa's mind was on mars when he went back to the corner.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Reminiscent of Round 1 of Ortiz-Maidana
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:57 pm

great call, was reminiscient of Ortiz/Maidana
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 7:52 pm

I doubt it will be topped. That was crazy.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:13 am

+1

is it the leader for FOTY so far?

I dont think we've seen another fight this year be that exciting even if it was for only 2 rounds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:38 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
+1

is it the leader for FOTY so far?

I dont think we've seen another fight this year be that exciting even if it was for only 2 rounds

Good question, I am not really sure a two rounder should win fight of the year.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:00 pm

The other contenders for me at least are

Froch vs Kessler
Roman vs Escalante
Mares vs Perez

I dont think the length of the fight matters, just how much you enjoyed it

This fight, I can re-watch over and over

The leader in my book!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:02 pm

I don't know G yes it was entertaining but it was a little one sided to win FOTY, apart from the knockdown Concepcion was being overwhelmed.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Yea good point, still a fun fight

Hard for to me put the others in front of it right now lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year   Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year Empty

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Lopez vs Bernabe Concepcion round 1 hands down round of the year
Page 1 of 1