Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent Empty
PostSubject: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:13 pm

Teddy Atlas says his sources have told him a distinct possibility for Vitali Klitschko's next fight is Shannon Briggs.

Its Teddy and he often talks out of his ass, but maybe he has heard from someone reliable.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:20 pm

Yes, the HW division is not very good. There is 2 Klitschkos and 2 former cruiserweights in Haye and Adamek.

But not Briggs. At least fight a guy who is legitimately ranked in the top 10 by ring.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:51 pm

Shannon Briggs is how old now??? Shit let him fight Evander LOL.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:00 am

Briggs is 38. He won a belt from Liakhovich back in late 2006. He lost every round and then knocked him out in the end of the 12th round. Then he lost his next fight to Ibragimov.

Disappeared. Been back fighting this year. Beat 2 tomato cans and then used up journeyman Rob Calloway.

Yeah, he is definitely deserving of a title shot!!!! LOL!!!! I love today's HW division.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:02 am

the sad thing is he would be a better opponent than the last 2 guys the Klits fought

man this division sucks hats off to HBO for saying fuck the division till its interesting
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:08 am

Only 5 guys in HW division I want to see. Unfortunately they don't fight each other. Vitali, Wlad, Haye, Adamek, and Povetkin. That is the 3 belt holders (Vitali, Wlad, and Haye) and then former cruiser champ Adamek and former Olympic champ and ranked top 5 for a while, Povetkin.

I can understand HBO bowing out of bad matchups, but Wlad vs Povetkin is worthy of being shown.

Vitali vs Sosnowski-understandable that they skipped it; Vitali vs Briggs-I understand if that fight is made that they would skip it.

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:11 am

The division is so bad right now that I really could care less about seeing any of them fight unless its Haye vs a Klitschko.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:44 am

agree tim
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 2:04 am

Remember when Briggs KO'd Liakovich with like under a minute left in the 12th round of a fight he was losing and looked like shit in and then acted like that was the game plan from the beginning
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 2:10 am

hahahaha ya bobbitt i remember that i actually ordered it man i was a sucker, same with Rahman vs Maskaev

I just wanted to witness america get or keep the a portion of the title so bad, also didnt hurt i ordered it at the then girlfriends palce hahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:14 pm

WTF I thought Vitali was courting Valuev ?
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:14 pm

Probably got tired of dealing Don King's BS
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:18 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

It doesnt take long for that shit to happen!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:23 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

True, but there was a big ordeal about how Vitali met Valuev in person in St Petersburg or it might have been Moscow.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Who knows what the truth is. When I started the thread I noted that this came right from the mouth of Teddy Atlas last night.

Atlas said his sources have told him. Who knows how reliable his sources are!!! Teddy could be making this up. This could be right on. Who the heck knows.

I just put it out there because I figured people may have missed it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 8:41 pm

Well I am sure we remember Teddy telling us about the Pacquiao email Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent   Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent Empty

Back to top Go down

Vitali Klitschko Possible opponent
Page 1 of 1