Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3 Empty
PostSubject: Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3   Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:17 pm

Good lord I forgot how psyched out Vitor was by the end of this

in the 3rd round when Randy took him down against against the cage Vitor started squirming like a man who had completely lost it

Vitor threatened with 2 arm bars and that was it he got completely dominated again

Randy just owned him psychologically
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3   Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:21 pm

when that 3rd round ended Vitor jsut sat there he was like no fucking way do i want more of this
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3   Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:23 pm

also early in the 1st against the cage Vitor eye gouged and then put his fingers into Randys reconstructed eye, bitch move IMO
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3   Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

oh shit i completely forgot Randy called Wanderlei out and said come on into the cage, said lets unify the titles

it was totally spontaneous, Wanderlei came in holding his belt, they translated and he said he would fight Randy to unify

damn why didnt this fight ever happen that woulda been sick
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3   Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:30 pm

UFC 49 was a great card Yves Edwards had a crazy head kick KO

Parisyan vs Nate Diaz

David Terrell debuted and Knocked the fuck outta Matt Lindland

Chuck vs Vernon White

and Randy vs Vitor 3

and god damn the old octagon girls were smoking hot
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3   Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:31 pm

I watched Machida vs BJ Penn earlier for the 3rd time. That was a great fight. BJ gassed in the 3rd and lost the fight in that round imo. Could've went either way before the 3rd started.
BJ got up in an instant in both of Machida's TD's, but Machida couldn't get up when BJ took him down in the first. If BJ had more gas in the tank he might have won that fight. Besides Shogun, I think BJ gave Machida his best fight.

I agree with you on Randy vs Vitor 3 in every way. Vitor was my favorite fighter back then and I hated Randy for awhile during those days.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3   Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:39 pm

beast check this old Machida fight out, could have gone either way,Machida vs Vernon White,Vernon slammed the shit out of him and could have got the decision IMO

and Yves head kick KO was on Josh Thomson hahah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6oj65l9oBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-8b_tujKM8&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVXW0E5y8y8&feature=related
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3   Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
beast check this old Machida fight out, could have gone either way,Machida vs Vernon White,Vernon slammed the shit out of him and could have got the decision IMO

and Yves head kick KO was on Josh Thomson hahah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6oj65l9oBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-8b_tujKM8&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVXW0E5y8y8&feature=related

I will watch it tomorrow for sure. I haven't watched all of Machida's fights, but BJ was alot smaller then Machida in that fight. That was what amazed me. Penn did alot better then the other guys I have seen fight him. I have only watched maybe 8-10 of his fights though.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3   Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:53 pm

ya Penn was fighting at 170 wasnt he? he looked like a dwarf compared to Machida it was an impressive battle for Penn not so much Machida IMO
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3   Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:59 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
ya Penn was fighting at 170 wasnt he? he looked like a dwarf compared to Machida it was an impressive battle for Penn not so much Machida IMO

Someone here said Machida weighed 218lbs and BJ was at 190lbs. Think about the advantage Machida had with his reach.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3   Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:04 pm

that is right if i remember correctly know i think BJ was 190 for that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3   Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rewatching Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort 3
Page 1 of 1