Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any golfers in here?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Any golfers in here? Empty
PostSubject: Any golfers in here?   Any golfers in here? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Just wanna know what your typical scores are like if you ever do golf.

Yesterday was my best score i've ever had at an 86, but I usually shoot around a 92-96.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Any golfers in here?   Any golfers in here? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:43 pm

never really remember my score havent played in years, my golf claim to fame is needing 2 shots on a par 3, came close to a hole in 1 on it

I could/can drive the ball good and am average at putting but my chipping and set up stuff sucks
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Any golfers in here?   Any golfers in here? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
never really remember my score havent played in years, my golf claim to fame is needing 2 shots on a par 3, came close to a hole in 1 on it

I could/can drive the ball good and am average at putting but my chipping and set up stuff sucks

+1

Yeah, i'm the same way, but even my driving is pretty suspect about half the time lol
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Any golfers in here?   Any golfers in here? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:28 pm

havent played in a while, its so damn hot out here standing in the sun is a hard one for 18 holes but i need to get out there and play soon again
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Any golfers in here?   Any golfers in here? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:31 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
havent played in a while, its so damn hot out here standing in the sun is a hard one for 18 holes but i need to get out there and play soon again

Yeah, that was my first time in a few months, I usually only play a maybe 3-4 times a year.

I hear ya on the heat, its been ridiculous up here even. Its like 92 today and gonna be 97 tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Any golfers in here?   Any golfers in here? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:36 pm

damn nothing like a hot ass hell 4th!
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Any golfers in here?   Any golfers in here? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:02 pm

Yeah I play when I can. Last time I went out, I got my best score of the year. I got an 85. Normally I shoot in the low 90's. If I ever take the time to practice chipping, my score would be much lower.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Any golfers in here?   Any golfers in here? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:51 pm

franklinfan2 wrote:
Yeah I play when I can. Last time I went out, I got my best score of the year. I got an 85. Normally I shoot in the low 90's. If I ever take the time to practice chipping, my score would be much lower.

Yeah, i'm the same way. My putting is actually not bad, I can usually get it in the cup in 1-2 puts.

Chipping is definately my downfall, but I did have a pretty good chip from about 110 yards out that landed about 5 feet from the hole last night. Birdied that hole...only birdie I got, but it was still sweet.

I drove the ball pretty well yesterday, about half sliced way out, and the other half stayed true. Just need to work on my technique and slow down.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Any golfers in here?   Any golfers in here? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:34 am

I've played since I was 7/8 years old, and try to get out and at least play 9 holes once a week, also like going to the range once a week to sharpen my game. I used to be a much bigger Golfer then I am now, but still love the game and playing as much as I can. Typically I shoot in the mid 80's, but used to play even better. Me and my dad used to play all the time when I was younger but he tore his ACL, and was never the same after that. I honestly, among other dreams, dream of getting on the tour one day, hell you can do it at 40 so I have all the time in the World. My weakness has always been driving, when I was younger all I practiced was irons, chipping and putting, thought they were the funniest parts of the game, so obvious my driving took a hit for it. If I'm on I can drive it 260+, but that's often not the case and I never slice and always hook, just can't fix it, even had a coach try and fix it and it didn't last long, for this reason I use hybrids. My friend had a putting chipping green in his backyard when I was in my teens, and I used to go over all the time and practice, my short game is pretty sick. Mostly chipping, I joke that I have a PGA level chipping game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any golfers in here?   Any golfers in here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any golfers in here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: