Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Big 12 should invite two more teams

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

The Big 12 should invite two more teams Empty
PostSubject: The Big 12 should invite two more teams   The Big 12 should invite two more teams EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 3:27 pm

They should invite a coulpe of teams to their conference so they can keep it at 12. Maybe invite Boise State and BYU, or BYU and TCU.

Those seem like some teams that could do well in the conference, and would restore credibility to the conference...and also keep them at 12 teams.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: The Big 12 should invite two more teams   The Big 12 should invite two more teams EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 4:24 pm

Not a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The Big 12 should invite two more teams   The Big 12 should invite two more teams EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:57 pm

2 more teams = smaller pieces of the pie for the rest of the Big XII.

UNless the BIg XII can get someone like Arkansas, Notre Dame, Nebraska back, or LSU then there is zero point in expanding. This conference has run its course and needs to hurry up and end.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The Big 12 should invite two more teams   The Big 12 should invite two more teams EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:48 pm

none of those teams do jack for the conference

if your going to add you add someone with a market and tv views
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: The Big 12 should invite two more teams   The Big 12 should invite two more teams EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:49 am

Birdofthad wrote:

It'd only take a couple years. I think both of those teams would do very well in that conference..hell BYU beat oklahoma last year even when Bradford was in for half the game!

I think BYU and Boise State would contend for conference titles almost every year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big 12 should invite two more teams   The Big 12 should invite two more teams EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:06 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

It'd only take a couple years. I think both of those teams would do very well in that conference..hell BYU beat oklahoma last year even when Bradford was in for half the game!

I think BYU and Boise State would contend for conference titles almost every year.
Both of them would lose 3-4 games every year and have zero chance at winning the conference title.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Big 12 should invite two more teams   The Big 12 should invite two more teams EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:08 pm

I vote Tulsa and Oral Roberts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big 12 should invite two more teams   The Big 12 should invite two more teams EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:11 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I say go with what we have. You can add TCU and anyone else if you want but they bring nothing to the conference.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Big 12 should invite two more teams   The Big 12 should invite two more teams EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:13 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I say go with what we have. You can add TCU and anyone else if you want but they bring nothing to the conference.

I was just joking by being a homer for my state. I'd rather keep it like it is...maybe even trim some more fat and cut Iowa St and Baylor....make it the Big 8 again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big 12 should invite two more teams   The Big 12 should invite two more teams EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:14 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

I was just joking by being a homer for my state. I'd rather keep it like it is...maybe even trim some more fat and cut Iowa St and Baylor....make it the Big 8 again.
That would be great for football.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Big 12 should invite two more teams   The Big 12 should invite two more teams EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:16 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Football is the one and only factor here...I think that was made clear from the start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Big 12 should invite two more teams   The Big 12 should invite two more teams EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:09 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Football is the one and only factor here...I think that was made clear from the start.
I agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big 12 should invite two more teams   The Big 12 should invite two more teams Empty

Back to top Go down

The Big 12 should invite two more teams
Page 1 of 1