Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you have an exercise routine?

Go down 
+6
muayjitsu
GolbeZ
oggy420
Fu Manchu
SOKO
franklinfan2
10 posters
AuthorMessage
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

Do you have an exercise routine? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have an exercise routine?   Do you have an exercise routine? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Here's mine:

Monday
None
Tuesday
Crunches and pushups
Running 30 mins
Wednesday
Weight training
Bicycle 30 mins
Thursday
Crunches and pushups
Running 30 mins
Friday
Weight training
Bicycle 30 mins
Saturday
Crunches and pushups
Quarter mile interval running at the track
Sunday
Weight training
Bicycle 30 mins

My training is for running distance races. So each weight training exercise is 3 sets of 15 reps with light weights. The quarter mile intervals are a killer but I heard they are great for fitness.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an exercise routine?   Do you have an exercise routine? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:11 pm

I do 3-4 miles and one hour of weights about three times a week. Just enough to keep me in shape but not enough to get ripped. Any tips for that kind of time frame I am to lazy to spend anymore time than that with my busy schedule. Sleep plus its hard to get motivated sometimes when your chillin with bob. Weed
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an exercise routine?   Do you have an exercise routine? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:16 pm

Yeah I know what you mean. I have about 15 lbs of gut that I need to get rid of before I can take it to the next level from 5k races to 10k. I just can't seem to find the motivation to cut out the junk food.
Back to top Go down
Fu Manchu
White Belt
White Belt
Fu Manchu

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an exercise routine?   Do you have an exercise routine? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:47 pm

Jog twice a week 3-6 miles

Bike twice a week 30 - 60 minutes

Swim twice a week 400 - 800 yards

Weight life twice a week.

Started doing this 2 weeks ago and has been going okay so far. Though jogging after a bike ride has been kind of difficult.
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an exercise routine?   Do you have an exercise routine? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:44 pm

I would run more than 3 times a week but I don't think my knees can handle it. They might be able to handle it after I lose the last 15 lbs.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an exercise routine?   Do you have an exercise routine? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:12 am

right now i run 2 to 3 times a week, about a mile maybe a little more. Haven't done much weight training in a while but grappling classes keep my upper body strong, i should start lifting though. I also play alot of basketball and football.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an exercise routine?   Do you have an exercise routine? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 12:47 am

I dont have a car atm and bike everywhere I go. Plus I eat healthy.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an exercise routine?   Do you have an exercise routine? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:06 am

run 5 miles 5 times a week.

weight lift 4 times a week

Being consistant is the key its hard to stay off your ass.
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an exercise routine?   Do you have an exercise routine? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Man I hate to post this lol . I bought and did the P90X. With in three months I went from 184 down to 156 and from a 34 inch waist to a 31. Have not done it for 4 months and am backup to 170. Starting again tomorrow ( so I tell my self )
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an exercise routine?   Do you have an exercise routine? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 9:55 pm

I used to be a pretty legit athlete in HS (3 years ago or so) and trained at a great gym called Optimal Sports Performance. It puts tons and tons of baseball players to D-1 schools and in the league. Anyway I slowly and surely lost most of that during this time. Well last Jan I said fuck it, I'm getting into shape. I went from 240ish and am now down to the low 180s and can almost see my abs. (weight in is tomorrow and I'm hoping 182-183. I run, swim, lift, sprint, jump, and basically do any and everything. Today I tried out Jens Pulver's workout and it kicked my ass. I couldn't even do it all.

http://www.mensfitness.com/fitness/workout_routines/303

Yall should try it sometime.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an exercise routine?   Do you have an exercise routine? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 10:38 pm

starting to work out and jog again. I used to do it all, creatine, protine, training many days a week. slacked since the daughter was born.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an exercise routine?   Do you have an exercise routine? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:43 am

wolf is a daddy? never would have guessed

i have a pretty intensive split i will post it in a few hours
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have an exercise routine?   Do you have an exercise routine? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you have an exercise routine?
Page 1 of 1