Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?

Go down 
+3
boxinglawyer
captainanddew
Mightytitan5
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mightytitan5
Mightytitan5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Paul Williams, Chad Dawson, Miguel Cotto, JMM

Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? Empty
PostSubject: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:04 pm

I know Green look horrible in his first fight in the super 6 tournament. Will he make a comeback against Kessler. Please note Kessler received the same beating that Green got from Ward. Kessler rebound against Froch, can Green do the same?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:10 pm

I don't like Green's chances, against Ward he showed an incredible lack of experience. Kessler is a strong,season veteran, It will have to take one hellacious shot from Green to stop him.
Back to top Go down
Mightytitan5
Mightytitan5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Paul Williams, Chad Dawson, Miguel Cotto, JMM

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:16 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
I don't like Green's chances, against Ward he showed an incredible lack of experience. Kessler is a strong,season veteran, It will have to take one hellacious shot from Green to stop him.

Kessler is a middle of the ring fighter. that what green wants........But Kessler power will make green think twice about trading punches............If green wins he saves his career. If he loses he will need to consider a move to 175
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Kessler looked a lot better than Green did in their respective fights against Ward. Green might have a shot if he shows up mentally and physically and performs like people think he can. But there's also a strong possibility that he's been overrated and the Allan Green that showed up against Ward is the real Allan Green.

Style wise he matches up pretty well. Kessler will be open to his hooks and jabs. And he's got some slickness to him when the fight stays outside which is likely will. If he tries to pace himself like he does in a lot of his fights, Kessler's activity will overwhelm him.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 2:11 pm

What is Allan Green's mental state? He normally doesn't look as bad as he did against Ward, but he isn't exactly the picture of confidence in the ring (in any fight). His career is on the line. He should come out and provide a good performance against Kessler. Good enough to beat Kessler? Probably not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Green by KO in 6. Hell might as well stick it out thats what real fans do right?
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:23 pm

Sooner, I salute your persistence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:35 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Hey I am not one of those fair weather fans.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:50 pm

Chavez Jr-looked 15 when he was 18. He's 24 now and he looks 18
Back to top Go down
boxinglawyer
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:26 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Hey I am not one of those fair weather fans.

I can attest to THAT, else the late 90's would have forever precluded the use of "Sooner" in his call-sign.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:56 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Green by KO in 6. Hell might as well stick it out thats what real fans do right?
Sooner, you know how highly I think of you, however maybe it's time to think about Green's committment to the sport. Does he deserve your support? Did he come to fight last time out or collect a paycheck? I guess we'll find out. But if you're going with Green, I'll go on and back you up. What the hell. Just don't forget about my guy "Glen Johnson" when he goes after Travis Cloud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:14 pm

4445Frank wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Sooner, you know how highly I think of you, however maybe it's time to think about Green's committment to the sport. Does he deserve your support? Did he come to fight last time out or collect a paycheck? I guess we'll find out. But if you're going with Green, I'll go on and back you up. What the hell. Just don't forget about my guy "Glen Johnson" when he goes after Travis Cloud.
Im a HUGE Glen Johnson fan. How can you not love that guy.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm

A very slim one...
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:57 am

After the way Green looked against Ward, nope, he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell against Kessler for a title.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:28 pm

if green lulls himself to sleep like he did with ward and others and goes in there mentaly with a so what attitude his chances are zero..also if this is the case his chances of going 12 is zero.he needs to attack with intensity from round one.get off first all the time and fight by tossing pun ches..if he does this hes got a 25 percent chance or slightly better..if he doesnt its zero.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:46 pm

Green has enough power and handspeed to give Kessler trouble. That being said, I don't think mentally he has what it takes to fight at the highest level. He will probably crack under the pressure, not throw enough punches, and look relatively bad.

I hope I'm wrong as I want to see a good fight (and Sooner wants a Green victory).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:00 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Green has enough power and handspeed to give Kessler trouble. That being said, I don't think mentally he has what it takes to fight at the highest level. He will probably crack under the pressure, not throw enough punches, and look relatively bad.

I hope I'm wrong as I want to see a good fight (and Sooner wants a Green victory).
Yes I do!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?   Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Allan Green have a shot against Mikkel Kessler ?
Page 1 of 1