Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer

Go down 
+2
gomez1012
Canvas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer Empty
PostSubject: Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer   Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:27 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/russ_anber/?id=325262

Russ Anber is a very seasoned Canadian trainer who co-hosts a weekly boxing magazine TV show. He makes an excellent point about the state commisions being lax in some regard to fighters safety. Anber writes:

"I will get to the fight in just a second, but I am still trying to answer my own question: what the heck is wrong with the California State Athletic Commission? Did they not learn anything from the Cintron-Williams fight?

As soon as I watched both Ward and Green enter the ring, I noticed once again the printed logo of Goosen Promotions on the rope strap and saw as well that the ropes were once again not secured."

He also makes an excellent point regarding some of Teddy Atlas' commentary during Friday Night Fights, specifically Atlas' derogatory remarks towards Lemieux. Anber asks why Atlas would not retract his negative comments towards Lemieux even after his impressive performance:

"I am certainly fine with the fact that Atlas may not be sold on Lemieux; as a matter of fact, I would love to hear why. That's the first part of the problem. Atlas made the blanket statement and then offered up no reason whatsoever as to why he wasn't sold on the kid. The least that Atlas - or any analyst - could do is offer up the viewing audience the reasons why he feels the way he does."

Good read.
http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/russ_anber/?id=325262
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer   Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:23 am

California's commission has always been a shambles, they've not had a proper chief in years.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer   Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:46 pm

did you read the blog Ali ? I'm curious as to your take RE: Atlas. I agree with him. Teddy is a bit of a hater sometimes.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer   Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:49 pm

Atlas gets carried away sometimes with certain topics, just take it as it is, Teddy going over board in the heat of the moment
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer   Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Teddy often makes very negative comments about a fighter.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer   Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 7:30 pm

teddy makes unfortunetly to many comments out of stupity..hes knows his stuff mostly but hasnt learned to talk less and at times keep your mouth shut..
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer   Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:24 pm

Teddy sounds like a blithering retard. I like how the literally only good thing he said was the two punch combo he hit him with was impressive. Everything else was all hateraid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer   Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Atlas, as usual, is full of shit, he needs to keep his half-assed opinions to himself and just call fights, the guy is a fucking clown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer   Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 6:49 pm

I don't think Teddy's a good analyst, but him being opinionated and speaking his mind is a good thing. I think he's wrong about Lemieux, but the only thing he should have done is explained himself better.

Lemieux's team should just shut up and use it as motivation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer   Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting blog from Lemieux's trainer
Page 1 of 1