Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Questions about Amir Khan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Questions about Amir Khan Empty
PostSubject: Questions about Amir Khan   Questions about Amir Khan EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:17 pm

What is his drawing power in the UK? Is he a draw by himself, or does he really need to fight a known star to pack the house? I'm asking this because I really think that Freddie Roach is screwing up if he allows this fight in the event Amir doesn't need it. I'm also asking because if Amir doesn't fight Floyd, and Pacquiao fights Andre Berto, there's no place for Floyd M. to go. After thinking about, I really don't think the MW camp wants Martinez. Where Floyd is concerned, the only way to a big draw is fighting a foreign fighter who's a national figure in his country. He won't fight Paul Williams and nobody would come see him fight Antonio Margarito. If Freddie Roach wants to corner the fight game in the lower weight divisions, keep Khan away from Floyd and it's done. Unless I'm mistaken, Roach has the power to make Mayweather irrelevant in the event he fails to sign to fight Pacquiao.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Amir Khan   Questions about Amir Khan EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:44 pm

frank i dont understand what your trying to say..first i havent heared any talk of a pac-berto fight at all..so that can leave floyd to fight berto..if pac and berto fight i agree floyd will avoid paul williams.it still leaves him cotto and margo.i disagree that no one would go see that fight with margo ..i think it will do 700-850 thousand ppvs realisticaly and thats a terrific payday...i think kahn in the mix fighting floyd manny etc is a total joke.he has at least 4 good fighters at 140 to match up with...we could see pac and bradley go at it at a cap of 144 lbs also...i think floyd vs cotto margo berto would do well in moneys at the gate and ppv numbers.cotto-floyd will do at least a milliuon or more margo at least 700-850 and berto close to a million.thoses numbers are maybe conservative i think but realistic.anywhere from 12 million to 18 million for floyd and 4 to 9 million for the other fighters depending on the gate etc etc..
to me a fight with kahn floyd losses more face and again the avoiding issue pops up again..he doesnt need that ..nor do we need a pac-margo fight...lets not overlook berto for either one..
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Amir Khan   Questions about Amir Khan EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:48 pm

nor does roach determine floyds destiney at all..he has options including thoses i mentioned and also williams at 150lbs..its floyd who will chose his destiney not freddie..its a question of floyd making crediable choices..hahn is the poorest one.berto cotto and williams are all good ones.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Amir Khan   Questions about Amir Khan EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:00 pm

dmar, this is what I mean. Not saying I'm right, just trying to be understood here. (a) A good thread was written on this site in reference to Floyd fighting Kahn. It made perfect sense because Khan cannot beat MW, however MW can make lots of money fighting Khan in the UK (b) If Roach takes away Kahn (and this is all hypothetical, I don't know if the MW camp is looking at Khan but I suspect they are.) from Floyd's list of potential opponents (Roach can do this as his manager) then, in my opinion, MW is stuck. You say that he'll fight Cotto, Williams, Berto, etc. For one reason or another, I don't these fights will be signed, and if they are, will generate little interest. Specifically, I don't think MW wants Williams, a lot of folks still think Cotto is shot (Not a good theme for a PPV fight) and if Roach is smart, he can take the Berto option away from MW and give it to Manny. This is my opinion, no matter who says they want to fight who. No contracts between these fighters have been signed yet. To put it simply, If Freddie wants to take Khan away from a MW fight, he can. If Roach wants to sign Berto to fight Manny, he can do that too. That leaves Mayweather with no place to go. Of course, as I said, this is all guessing on my part. I'm writing fast because of a time limit I have (smile) but I hope this makes sense to you, whether you think it's possible or not. Please excuse typos. I'm writing fast here.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Amir Khan   Questions about Amir Khan EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:15 pm

frank roach may advise kahn not to fight floyd and as kahns trainer kahn may go along.with manny and berto for example bob arum is far more important in determing that fight then freddie..cottos win over foreman gives cotto a little life.hes not shot i feel just a good fighter who many have overated in abilty perhaps..a cotto floyd fight will draw..floyd does get excellent ppv numbers mostly cause folks would like to see him get beat..so cotto is an option for floyd.it will be a ppv thing and it will hit a million buys..that adds up to a big payday for both..roach cannot prevent berto from fighting floyd unless immediately arum offers good money to berto if the floyd fight breaks down..they better act fast cause golden boy will do the same for a floyd berto fight..
the power lies with arum not roach..your overestimating roachs position there and freddie loves to make it seem like hes the decsion maker..hes not its arum..frank saying if the pac fight falls threw floyd has no options..golden boy and floyd know better...floyd also can go to germany and fight sylvester..big german gate and tv money and floyd has enough of a ppv history in the usa to make that a good money fight..hey 12-15 million dollars is not a bad option for that fight either..if the fight breaks down we will see manny vs margo a fight most fight fans dont want to happen..
arum stated thats the move.floyd-berto is a fight most fight fans would like to see happen..manny cant fight both at the same time and your overestimating roachs position here..arums the money guy not freddie..thats how i see it..whats the rest of the forum think.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Amir Khan   Questions about Amir Khan EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:26 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
frank roach may advise kahn not to fight floyd and as kahns trainer kahn may go along.with manny and berto for example bob arum is far more important in determing that fight then freddie..cottos win over foreman gives cotto a little life.hes not shot i feel just a good fighter who many have overated in abilty perhaps..a cotto floyd fight will draw..floyd does get excellent ppv numbers mostly cause folks would like to see him get beat..so cotto is an option for floyd.it will be a ppv thing and it will hit a million buys..that adds up to a big payday for both..roach cannot prevent berto from fighting floyd unless immediately arum offers good money to berto if the floyd fight breaks down..they better act fast cause golden boy will do the same for a floyd berto fight..
the power lies with arum not roach..your overestimating roachs position there and freddie loves to make it seem like hes the decsion maker..hes not its arum..frank saying if the pac fight falls threw floyd has no options..golden boy and floyd know better...floyd also can go to germany and fight sylvester..big german gate and tv money and floyd has enough of a ppv history in the usa to make that a good money fight..hey 12-15 million dollars is not a bad option for that fight either..if the fight breaks down we will see manny vs margo a fight most fight fans dont want to happen..
arum stated thats the move.floyd-berto is a fight most fight fans would like to see happen..manny cant fight both at the same time and your overestimating roachs position here..arums the money guy not freddie..thats how i see it..whats the rest of the forum think.
I personally think this is a rational and sensible outlook. My only reason for writing the 2nd thread was to assure myself that you (dmar) and rest of the board understood my opinion. If I was 100 percent wrong, I would not be surprised.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Amir Khan   Questions about Amir Khan EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:53 pm

thanks frank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Amir Khan   Questions about Amir Khan Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about Amir Khan
Page 1 of 1