Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer Empty
PostSubject: Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer   Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:12 pm

For anyone that cares.

This was my first time competing at 185 (I usually cut to 170). I gave up a lot of size to a few guys and held my own. I ended up getting 3 submissions. I got two arm bars from the bottom and 1 guillotine choke. I got submitted once. My toe got stuck in this guys shorts when I was pulling guard. He passed and got an easy side choke. I was gassed and he just overpowered me. The other 4 matches were draws. One where I was in deep shit and was saved by the bell after suffering a deep kimura for a good 30 seconds. Another where I was dominating and almost got several armbars. The other 2 were equal one with tons of action and one with none. I ended up in a 3 way tie for 2nd, but I think I lost the tiebreakers. I didn't stick around for awards because I had to be in Austin that night.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer   Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:36 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
For anyone that cares.

This was my first time competing at 185 (I usually cut to 170). I gave up a lot of size to a few guys and held my own. I ended up getting 3 submissions. I got two arm bars from the bottom and 1 guillotine choke. I got submitted once. My toe got stuck in this guys shorts when I was pulling guard. He passed and got an easy side choke. I was gassed and he just overpowered me. The other 4 matches were draws. One where I was in deep shit and was saved by the bell after suffering a deep kimura for a good 30 seconds. Another where I was dominating and almost got several armbars. The other 2 were equal one with tons of action and one with none. I ended up in a 3 way tie for 2nd, but I think I lost the tiebreakers. I didn't stick around for awards because I had to be in Austin that night.

dont ya hate when that happens? good to hear sounds like you gave a strong showing of yourself, where was the tourney?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer   Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
For anyone that cares.

dont ya hate when that happens? good to hear sounds like you gave a strong showing of yourself, where was the tourney?

Bryan, TX. It's a twin city with College Station. We had gyms from all around TX show up. A gym I've done a little bit of training with called United Kombat Academy hosted it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer   Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 pm

thats cool, anyone from Guy Mezger Combat Gym there?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer   Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:09 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
thats cool, anyone from Guy Mezger Combat Gym there?

Not that I know of, but I didn't ask what gym everyone trained at.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer   Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:13 pm

Pretty cool Farmer. keep it up.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer   Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:33 am

good shit. I look forward to getting back training and competing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer   Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Grappling Tourney for Farmer
Page 1 of 1