Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor signs with Strikeforce

Go down 
+12
The Great One
GolbeZ
EliteAcidBurn
LA
SOKO
Ninja
captain organic
Bigs03
muayjitsu
thome_nerko
Farmer1906
OU
16 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Fedor signs with Strikeforce Empty
PostSubject: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:49 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15713/breaking-news-strikeforce-signs-fedor-emelianenko-to-multi-fight-deal-m-1-to-co-promote.mma
After last week's negotiations with the UFC failed due to co-promoting demands, Fedor Emelianenko has instead signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC's biggest competitor, Strikeforce.

The organization today announced it has signed Emelianenko (30-1) to a multi-fight deal that will have him fight under the Strikeforce banner in events co-headlined M-1 Global. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:53 pm

You beat me to it.

I guess this was the obvious move
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:54 pm

yeah he still has some decent guys to fight over there. Overeem, Werdum and Rogers. With Overeem's injury I wouldn't be surprised to see him fight Rogers first then Overeem.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:55 pm

And once again I'm calling Fedor vs Rogers on the BCS show this fall for the interim title, Fedor vs Barnett in Japan on New Years, and Fedor vs Overeem in the Spring.
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Favorite Fighter(s) : Your Mom

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:35 pm

The first fight will be on showtime this fall. Fedro ducked the tougher guys , took less money, just to line the pockets of his handler.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Oh well fuck it.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Garbage. I don't give a fuck about seeing him fight any of those guys.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:48 pm

applause to strikeforce for landing the #1 p4p fighter in the world and for landing a guy who is arguable Affliction's 2nd most coveted fighter in Gegard.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 2:04 pm

I'm so mad that I get to see Fedor fight on Showtime and CBS. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 2:24 pm

sooner with the first post go figure. fedor will mop up the division in a years time and be back to square one. It should be fun for a few free fights on showtime so I am interested.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 3:32 pm

Weak sauce
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 3:52 pm

TO HELL WITH IT ALL...IM GETTING TIRED OF FAYDORRR
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 4:05 pm

we knew this is what was going to happen.. or I did anyway.
Back to top Go down
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin, Lyoto Machida, GSP, Hendo, Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 4:14 pm

Looks like his pussy was getting a little bit tightened up and decided to take the easier route IMO

He can suck my dick, this move drops him a few spots on my p4p list now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 4:37 pm

This actually made the front page of ESPN.com. On there right now.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 4:40 pm

The Great One wrote:
Looks like his pussy was getting a little bit tightened up and decided to take the easier route IMO

Fedor isn't scared to fight anyone and didn't negotiate the contract with Strikeforce or the failed one with the UFC. Fedor isn't a pussy just because M-1 is greedy.

He also could care less where he stands in the p4p rankings.
Back to top Go down
The Great One
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
The Great One

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin, Lyoto Machida, GSP, Hendo, Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 4:56 pm

Jruq wrote:
The Great One wrote:

Fedor isn't scared to fight anyone and didn't negotiate the contract with Strikeforce or the failed one with the UFC. Fedor isn't a pussy just because M-1 is greedy.

Cool! Are you the official Fedor spokesperson now? I see you hanging onto his balls as they sway to and fro with a comment like this.

Thanks anyways, i dont care. I have my views and you have yours.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 6:51 pm

The Great One wrote:
Jruq wrote:
The Great One wrote:

Cool! Are you the official Fedor spokesperson now? I see you hanging onto his balls as they sway to and fro with a comment like this.

Thanks anyways, i dont care. I have my views and you have yours.

He is not lying to you. Just watch Fedor's interviews. He could careless about who is fighting or where he is ranked. He said he just wants people to remember him as a good person. The guy is not scared of anyone. His loyalty to M1 and Vadim is the problem.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 7:15 pm

It seems to me that Fedor was legitimately turned off by the public badmouthing by Dana White for the last two years. Fedor isn't a chicken. He's Fedor. Check the sig. Fedor>Dana
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 9:04 pm

Im surprised so many people think the UFC heavyweight division is that good. I think it's pretty weak to be honest. 1 reason is they don't have the best HW in the world. Strikeforce does. Their champion is 4-1, their #2 or #3 guy was destroyed twice by Fedor and watch everyone continue to pretend Fedor-Nog did not happen when Nog beats Couture. Everybody else would not stand a chance against Fedor. Hype.

Perhaps Strikeforce should try to work out a deal to get Barnett and they would really trump UFC's HW division big time. Because i think guys like Werdum, Rogers, Overeem and eventually Gracie are better than most of the guys in UFC's HW division.

Come on guys, you all follow MMA closely. You know the UFC HW division is hype hype hype and the fact that Dana White was ready to make Fedor the richest man in MMA ater all the shit talk before only legitimizes the fact that HE KNOWS Fedor is the best HW and cheapens his "we have all the best fighters" talk because obviously you did not and over a week you proved it.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 9:19 pm

wow. I think everyone would have prefered to see him fight the ufc's heavyweights but ninjas right at least we'll see some decent fights with fedor on cable, strikeforce has the depth to put on some good cards if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 1:27 am

I like the mousasi signing better then fedor. I value loyalty as a human quality but as a fan this sucks. No strikeforces HW division is not better the te UFC's. Werdum didn't cut it, Rogers is unproven( don't use that quick knockout of AA to try to prove him). Overeem has lost to any....ANY good competition he has faced other then vitor. He is owned by the UFC LHW division. Roger is a great prospect but not yet a contender. Yes Fedor is great and beat down nog twice but their is still better competition for fedor in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:29 am

The UFC has a signed a lot of mid tier depth like Rothwell and Nelson, but all their best fighters are young cats no less and no more proven than Rogers. An Arlovski win is probably better than a Werdum, Gonzaga or Kongo win.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:42 am

Wolf you must admit that with cain and carwin having a wrestling base they are more solid then grim. If carwin fought grim who would you pick seriously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce   Fedor signs with Strikeforce Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor signs with Strikeforce
Page 1 of 1