Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Passion of Miguel Cotto

Go down 
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

The Passion of Miguel Cotto Empty
PostSubject: The Passion of Miguel Cotto   The Passion of Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:53 am

For some time now, I've been part of an almost unseen minority calling for Miguel Cotto's retirement. Unseen because I can't recall one boxing observer agreeing with me. Of course, I don't mean to undermine Cotto or condemn his skills. He's easily one of the most talented and bravest fighters of the 21st century. That' said, in the wake of being attacked by a deadly weapon and upon the sad reality of being beaten into a silent submission by Pacquiao, this determined man has carried on. He will now attempt to rise in weight and unseat the younger, Yuri Foreman. Regardless of what has happened in past Cotto fights, his incredible passion, one that can easily be seen in the eyes and determined expression of this unmoveable warrrior, has not been daunted. That, in and of itself, is something to be admired. Why? In the wake of foolish neogicitation problems between the Pac and Floyd camps, heavyweight fighers too lazy to even get in shape for title shots and fighters trying to outsmart the public by avoiding real challenges (Bernard Hopkins), Cotto has a religious zeal for fighting and putting in on the line against the best, no matter what the price. Here's to hoping that Cotto finishes his fight tomorrow night in safe, successful and proud fashion. In his own way, he's the spokesman for our sport. Not with his words, but with hiimself.
Back to top Go down

The Passion of Miguel Cotto
Page 1 of 1