Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Light Heavyweight picture...

Go down 
+8
MMAEYES
GolbeZ
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
OU
SOKO
boomer sooner
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:23 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
I guess maybe Machida should fall a little further down and not get Lil Nog from the Jump.. but it would be a good match to try and convince them to fight, they would have to throw the first contender status at it.

Rashad only had to win 1(Thiago) fight before getting a #1 contender fight. I don't see why Machida can't do the same.

yeah but Machida would have 0 fights before getting a #1 contender fight. I was saying make this fight immediate, they arn't committed elsewhere atm either.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:25 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
I guess maybe Machida should fall a little further down and not get Lil Nog from the Jump.. but it would be a good match to try and convince them to fight, they would have to throw the first contender status at it.

Rashad only had to win 1(Thiago) fight before getting a #1 contender fight. I don't see why Machida can't do the same.

yeah but Machida would have 0 fights before getting a #1 contender fight. I was saying make this fight immediate, they arn't committed elsewhere atm either.

Well IMO Machida lost both fights to Shogun. I personally don't think he should be given a #1 contender fight right away. We already had a immediate rematch with him and Shogun, in a crowded/talented divsion like LHW I think you have to give others their shot.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:30 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:

Well IMO Machida lost both fights to Shogun. I personally don't think he should be given a #1 contender fight right away. We already had a immediate rematch with him and Shogun, in a crowded/talented divsion like LHW I think you have to give others their shot.

Machida got caught in the 6th round of 1 fight, is how I see it. He is still the #2 ranked LHW in the world despite the loss.. Unless you give Machida Rampage or give a huge jump for some prospects, I see nothing. Thats just me.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:33 pm

IMO when you get KO'd in a title fight you need to win more then 1 fight to get your rematch/next shot. Just like Chuck,Forrest and Rashad before him. Rich Franklin was widely considered the 2nd best MW when he lost to Spider the first time and it was a weaker divisoin. Even then he fought twice before his rematch.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:37 pm

GSP got KTFO'd and won 1 fight and got a title shot didn't he?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:38 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
What about Lil Nog vs Machida?

Blackhouse teammates bro they wouldn't fight each other.

Nope. Machida already said he would fight him...

Really? Didn't see that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/389041-ufc-113-lyoto-machida-would-fight-lil-nog-but-not-anderson-silva

there was video of it but this is what I found quickly.

I just realized how much of a pussy that makes Machida sound lol. "I'll fight Lil Nog if I have to but not Anderson!" lol
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:39 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
IMO when you get KO'd in a title fight you need to win more then 1 fight to get your rematch/next shot. Just like Chuck,Forrest and Rashad before him. Rich Franklin was widely considered the 2nd best MW when he lost to Spider the first time and it was a weaker divisoin. Even then he fought twice before his rematch.

I agree. I was just saying, this would be the only way to get the Lil Nog vs Machida fight to go down. I am on board the Machida vs Rampage fight train. But its whatever.. anywho gonna go enjoy some summer day off time.. laters.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
GSP got KTFO'd and won 1 fight and got a title shot didn't he?

He fought Kos and Hughes before fighting Serra again. I think Serra went GSP and then GSP again for back to back fights for him due to injury. I could be remembering this wrong.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:45 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:
What about Lil Nog vs Machida?

Blackhouse teammates bro they wouldn't fight each other.

Nope. Machida already said he would fight him...

Really? Didn't see that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/389041-ufc-113-lyoto-machida-would-fight-lil-nog-but-not-anderson-silva

there was video of it but this is what I found quickly.

I just realized how much of a pussy that makes Machida sound lol. "I'll fight Lil Nog if I have to but not Anderson!" lol

Really? Saying he will fight someone who he has trained with that fights in the same division but saying he won't fight another of his training partners who is actually a closer friend to him and isn't even in the same division as him makes him sound like a pussy? Not to mention the feeling is quite mutual on Spiders view on fight Machida. But you are right Machida is a pussy.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Quote :
He fought Kos and Hughes before fighting Serra again. I think Serra went GSP and then GSP again for back to back fights for him due to injury. I could be remembering this wrong.

You're right. Though Hughes vs GSP 3 was a title fight for the interm WW title that was only made after Serra got hurt. Serra and Hughes were supposed to face off first.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Easy there GolbeZ I said makes him SOUND like a pussy. I never said he WAS one.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :

You're right. Though Hughes vs GSP 3 was a title fight for the interm WW title that was only made after Serra got hurt. Serra and Hughes were supposed to face off first.

So then, you were right? It was an Interim Title fight but still a title fight after winning just 1 fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Ya but that was on the fly promotion and doesn't really set precident. Only Couture usually is required to win a single fight to get a shot again.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ya but that was on the fly promotion and doesn't really set precident. Only Couture usually is required to win a single fight to get a shot again.

Only Randy could lose a LHW title fight and get a HW title fight for his very next fight. Makes a ton of sense doesn't it. Lose in a smaller WC and that makes you the #1 contender at a higher WC. I know the timing and circumstances were very different then.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:10 pm

How many HWs could the Tim Sylvia-Gonzaga 2007 Randy beat in the UFC right now?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
How many HWs could the Tim Sylvia-Gonzaga 2007 Randy beat in the UFC right now?

I think that Randy vs Gonzaga now would be good. I think besides the top 5 or so guys Randy(from then) could hang with the rest of the UFC HW division. Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Page vs. Forrest

Machida vs. Lil Nog
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:56 pm

Brilz vs Rampage?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Bader would be great, whose he fighting next?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:36 pm

There's so many things they could do. I don't want to see Rampage-Machida though. Would rather see them both have fights I'd favor them
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:42 pm

What if Chuck beats Franklin, him and Page go it it again?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:49 pm

I think Franklin vs Lil Nog would be interesting if Rich beats Chuck
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Shogun vs Rashad

Lil Nog vs Forrest

Snake vs Vera

Rampage vs Machida

Snake vs Vera
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:57 pm

You don't like a Page vs. Forrest rematch, think that'd be the most compelling fight there
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:40 pm

I would love to see Forrest and Page again. It could headline a card.

I think Machida needs a tune-up with two bad fight experiences. At least that is what I would do if I were the UFC. I'd start looking for Keith Jardine's and Diabate could be that.

Lil' Nog and Randy would be an easy fight to market for the UFC, plus if Randy wins that would be impressive enough to earn a shot, especially since he's put together a respectable win streak. Same with Nog too.

Basically it insures that the title is up for grabs against the following: 1. Nog/Randy, 2. Rampage/Forrest/Machida, and 3. by then hopefully Bader, or Bones would be ready to step up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Light Heavyweight picture...   The Light Heavyweight picture... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Light Heavyweight picture...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next