Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? Empty
PostSubject: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:31 am

According to Fernando Beltran, president of Zanfer Promotions, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is being positioned to fight the winner of this Saturday's fight beween WBA junior middleweight champion Yuri Foreman and challenger Miguel Cotto. Chavez would fight the winner in September and possible sites include Las Vegas, Los Angeles and San Antonio.

Beltran promotes Chavez Jr. along with Top Rank, who also promote both Cotto and Foreman. Chavez Jr. has a very tough task ahead on June 26, when he faces the toughest test of his young career in John Duddy. If Chavez Jr. comes out on top, Beltran will put him in against the Cotto-Foreman winner.

"Julio is preparing to fight Duddy on June 26 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas, and if the fight ends with Julio's arm being raised, he will face Cotto or Foreman in a title fight. Without question, a Chavez Jr. fight against Foreman or Cotto will be an attractive fight in Mexico and in the United States and the only thing we need to do is wait for the results of their fights," said Beltran.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28223
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:56 am

It would be the first major fight for "Chavez Jr." That said, I've never seen anything from him that suggests he could take on a real world class fighter. However, if Jr. is serious about stepping up his competition, I can only respect that. We'll finally see what this guy really has.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:00 am

I was under the impression that Chavez could no longer make 154lb.
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, JMM, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez

PostSubject: Re: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:38 pm

I thought that's why Chavez Jr went up to MW because he could no longer make 154. I doubt it happens either way, Chavez will mostly likely continue fighting nobodies and putting them on PPV.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:42 pm

freddie1437 wrote:
I thought that's why Chavez Jr went up to MW because he could no longer make 154. I doubt it happens either way, Chavez will mostly likely continue fighting nobodies and putting them on PPV.

That's what I thought too Freddie, and that's why I thought he used that banned substance for, to help him lose weight. Maybe Alex Ariza has sorted out his diet so it's easier to make the cut to 154lb.

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

PostSubject: Re: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:47 pm

What ever happened with the banned substance ordeal? Is he going to be suspended? I think what Chavez lacks in the discipline to make 154. He needs to fight some real comp already, I guess Dudley is a step in the right direction, but he's not world beater!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:50 pm

freddie1437 wrote:
What ever happened with the banned substance ordeal? Is he going to be suspended? I think what Chavez lacks in the discipline to make 154. He needs to fight some real comp already, I guess Dudley is a step in the right direction, but he's not world beater!

I am not sure, haven't heard much about it since it happened.
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

PostSubject: Re: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
freddie1437 wrote:

I am not sure, haven't heard much about it since it happened.

Me either, I would say he should at least be suspended for 1 year. Either way I don't see Chavez fighting any elite guys in any division.
Back to top Go down
nano212
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
nano212

Favorite Fighter(s) : JMM, Rafaell Marquez, Pac and David Haye

PostSubject: Re: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Chavez jr is under Roach and will benefit (if he sticks to it) from working with Ariza and get his ass in shape! But he joined Roach last week and his fight is like 4 weeks away, he will need to be in camp sooner if he really wants to compete with the top guys at 154lbs. I dont see it though. He steps up he will lose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:23 pm

nano212 wrote:
Chavez jr is under Roach and will benefit (if he sticks to it) from working with Ariza and get his ass in shape! But he joined Roach last week and his fight is like 4 weeks away, he will need to be in camp sooner if he really wants to compete with the top guys at 154lbs. I dont see it though. He steps up he will lose.
+1
Back to top Go down
nano212
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
nano212

PostSubject: Re: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:24 pm

sooner how do i get a picture up and the little animation you have at the bottom of your post??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:27 pm

nano212 wrote:
sooner how do i get a picture up and the little animation you have at the bottom of your post??
The pic is easy but I had a hard time with the animation. I tell you what I will see If I can get someone to post instructions on this board for everyone. Give me a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
nano212
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
nano212

PostSubject: Re: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:29 pm

Thanks bro. Trying to get familiar with the set up over here and need all the help I can get!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:32 pm

nano212 wrote:
Thanks bro. Trying to get familiar with the set up over here and need all the help I can get!
I am still trying to get familiar as well. Its a pretty cool board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?   Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Could Chavez Jr face the Foreman vs Cotto winner ?
Page 1 of 1