Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 114 Discussion

Go down 
+14
mannyfresh
thessy11
gomez1012
LA
NJBeatdown86
Primetyme199
Wolfgangsta
cascade_run
r3dman7630
Cu Bu
KrazyHorseBennett
Ludo
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 114 Discussion   UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:21 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Anyone actually have the courage to give Rashad credit ?

Yeah, he looked slightly better than he did against Thiago Silva.

That was one of Rampage's worst performances. Ali, you complained about Bisping not commiting, just imagine how the Rampage fans feel. Rampage is almost always the slower fighter but he goes after it. Tonight, even when he had Rashad hurt he did not go after it. I'm far more disappointed in Jackson's performance than i am impressed by Rashad...because that was the Rampage that lost his edge and i saw nothing new from Rashad that would lead me to believe that if he fought Lyoto Machida again, he would not get smoked again..because he can't take Lyoto down. Lyoto can even out dance him.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Sun May 30, 2010 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Subzero1983
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 114 Discussion   UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:22 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
THe bright side...atleast we get to watch Shogun decapitate this guy.

Just like Rampage was suppose to decapitate him ?

You really think Shad will beat Shogun??No one at LHW is beating shogun for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: UFC 114 Discussion   UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:44 am

I was very impressed with Rashad. His wrestling is as good as I thought and a lot better than people [wolf] have given him credit for. As for as slugging, the pair are one and one, and Rampage's shot came off a TD attempt and not an exchange, like Rashad's. I actually think Rashad should have trusted his striking a little more than he did.

As for Rampage, he always looks to counter, but gets credit for being a slugger. It's rare that you ever see him throw the first shot and tonight was no different.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC 114 Discussion   UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:31 am

I would give you a rep boom if you were accurate about what I have said leading up to this fight fool. Have you read anything I've said about this in the last six months? Anyway, Rampage blocked most of Rashad's takedowns most of the fight mostly based on size and power, which has always been the criticism I have had for Rashad Evans and his wrestling. But as I figured, the training with Mo, Carwin, and Cormier has paid off big time. His technique and power seem to be improving. Once Rampage was gassed in the third round, Evans after being hurt was able to take control in the wrestling department. Still, Evans size and ability to hold LHW's down will always stop him from being as effecting a GnP fighter as he could be. I stil favor a move to middleweight.

Anyway the story of this fight was the speed difference between the two fighters, which was what I have said from the very beginning. Rashad fought an awesome fight and I really can't understand all the hate. He outclassed Rampage for the majority of the bout. He didn't put himself in bad situations and didn't play with Rampages power, but he did go on the offensive from the clinch and turned up the gound and pound several times during the fight. He did exactly what those of us who were leaning his way said he had to to win. I knew Rashad's durability would be tested during the fight, and that the fight's outcome would likely hinge on that. I think Rashad showed a lot of heart to hang on.

Rashad haters/Rampage fans must accept that Rashad completely owned Rampage. He owned him on tuf, he owned him in the cage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: UFC 114 Discussion   UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:54 am

I didn't see what u saw, Kings is right, when Shad was in trouble and grabbed the back of the short, that saved his ass.

Normal Rampage finishes this fight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 114 Discussion   UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:27 am

Subzero1983 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
THe bright side...atleast we get to watch Shogun decapitate this guy.

Just like Rampage was suppose to decapitate him ?

You really think Shad will beat Shogun??No one at LHW is beating shogun for a very long time.

No, but almost everyone claimed Rampage was going to dominate and destroy Rashad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 114 Discussion   UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:28 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I didn't see what u saw, Kings is right, when Shad was in trouble and grabbed the back of the short, that saved his ass.

Normal Rampage finishes this fight

Normal Rampage is still a slow plodder who relies on brute strength and power. Rashad is too fast and athletic for him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC 114 Discussion   UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:31 am

Almost everyone.

That was arguably Evan's best performance and Rampage's worst.

Rashad made Rampage look slow. Machida made Rashad look slow. Shogun made Machida look slow. Interesting.

Shogun will knock Rashad out though.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: UFC 114 Discussion   UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:33 am

Normal Rampage wins when old Dan Hendersons, Wanderlei Silvas, and Chuck Liddells try to slug it out with him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 114 Discussion   UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:34 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Almost everyone.

That was arguably Evan's best performance and Rampage's worst.

Rashad made Rampage look slow. Machida made Rashad look slow. Shogun made Machida look slow. Interesting.

Shogun will knock Rashad out though.

Probably, but his power and speed will make it fun for a couple rounds.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: UFC 114 Discussion   UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun May 30, 2010 9:10 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I would give you a rep boom if you were accurate about what I have said leading up to this fight fool. Have you read anything I've said about this in the last six months? Anyway, Rampage blocked most of Rashad's takedowns most of the fight mostly based on size and power, which has always been the criticism I have had for Rashad Evans and his wrestling. But as I figured, the training with Mo, Carwin, and Cormier has paid off big time. His technique and power seem to be improving. Once Rampage was gassed in the third round, Evans after being hurt was able to take control in the wrestling department. Still, Evans size and ability to hold LHW's down will always stop him from being as effecting a GnP fighter as he could be. I stil favor a move to middleweight.

Anyway the story of this fight was the speed difference between the two fighters, which was what I have said from the very beginning. Rashad fought an awesome fight and I really can't understand all the hate. He outclassed Rampage for the majority of the bout. He didn't put himself in bad situations and didn't play with Rampages power, but he did go on the offensive from the clinch and turned up the gound and pound several times during the fight. He did exactly what those of us who were leaning his way said he had to to win. I knew Rashad's durability would be tested during the fight, and that the fight's outcome would likely hinge on that. I think Rashad showed a lot of heart to hang on.

Rashad haters/Rampage fans must accept that Rashad completely owned Rampage. He owned him on tuf, he owned him in the cage.

My bad, I've been out of the loop lately. I just thought I remember reading a long time ago that you thought Rashad's wrestling was overrated, but I also recall you being one of the few that took Rashad in this match. How sick was that double-leg in the first? Seriously, how many guys have that kind of explosion?

Quinton was owned in this fight. He landed the KO punch and still couldn't finish Rashad -- I think that will only embolden Rashad in a rematch to know that his power isn't as immortal as his camp has been insisting for the past few months. If anything, Rashad respected Quinton's stand-up too much and probably should have traded a little more.

As for Evans vs. Rua, wrestling will be a huge factor here. Obviously Rashad cannot trade with Shogun, but he will be able to take him down at a greater clip than Rampage. If he can turn it into a wrestling match and avoid the subs, then this is a winnable fight for Evans, where I'm not sure if he could takedown Machida. I could see a rock, paper, scissors scenario playing out with the LHW title, but I don't think anyone on this board will agree with me.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: UFC 114 Discussion   UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun May 30, 2010 12:23 pm

I know it was not the most crowd friendly fight, but Rashad didn't just lay on Rampage when he got him down he was hitting him with some good shots, anyone that cuts from 250 to get down to 205 is going be able to get a man who cuts maybe 10- 15 pounds off of him, but I thought Rashad turned up his ground game, as far as Shogun I think he will have to train very different for Rashad then he did for Machida, Rashad showed me alot tonight, he didn't stand and trade which would've been nice to see, he did Rock Rampage and he took him down as well. I think the Shogun fight will be a very good fight, but Machida is waiting in the wing and I don't think Rashad has a chance against him.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 114 Discussion   UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:13 pm

Rashad did a lot for the gay community last night.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 114 Discussion   UFC 114 Discussion - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 114 Discussion
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6