Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy

Go down 
+2
Canvas
Birdofthad
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy Empty
PostSubject: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Here are some fighters that posses qualities that we enjoy in the great sport of boxing. Here are 5 MMA fighters that I think all boxing fans can appreciate.

5. Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett - this guy is what Aaron Pryor would have looked like in MMA. Nutty stare downs, dominating stand up and just a wild personality. Powerful slams, virtually no ground game.

4. Kazushi Sakuraba - great catch wrestler who would invent moves, known for jumping in the air and creating moves we have never seen before. You watched him to see something you had never seen before. Oh ya he basically slayed the Gracie legend single handedly.

3. Chuck Liddell - Sprawl and Brawl. Avoid your takedown and bomb you out, thats what a prime Chuck Liddell was all about, and he executed it perfectly in his prime. Stand up fighter, if he got taken down he simply stood back up. Forget working the guard.

2. Frank Shamrock - what many call the first true mixed martial artist, deadly stand up, deadly ground game, good clinch game all blended. First UFC Light Heavyweight Champ defended 5 times (2 defenses in a combined 30 seconds) and retired before returning. In his prime, I dont think there is a better MMA fighter P4P. Never in a boring fight, even know.

1. Fedor Emelianenko - Cyberdine does exist, they have created Terminator's, and Fedor is the best example of this. Slam him on his head, doesnt matter he will just armbar you a minute later. Became the best in the world by beating the best in the world, cant not respect that. Watch the 45 second mark.

Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:40 pm

I think many boxing fans would enjoy K1. I do.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:42 pm

ya K1 is fun on the eyes and people that cant stand the ground game aspect of MMA should definitely check K1 out
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Nick Diaz is a current fighter I think most boxing fans can enjoy

Same for Monkey looking Gilbert Melendez or whatever
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:50 pm

ssshhh gomez I hate the Diaz brothers
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:58 pm

You included Liddell

I think most boxing fans hate his crappy bar room brawling skills
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:01 pm

and just so yall know the Krazy Horse one where Krazy Horse and the guy are talking shit at the press conference, that is KJ Noons who was a big time deal for a while, and supposed to walk all over Bennett. Krazy Horse knocked his ass out and KJ went to boxing, he jsut returned to MMA and they will be having a rematch soon

Jacking off is the best damn workoiut, thats all i have to say about that

hahahahhahaah

Fuck them brazilians hahahahahahahh
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:02 pm

well i think they could appreciate him cause he (in his prime) had a strategy that he worked to perfection, it always made for entertaining fights, and lalmost always ended in a KO
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Nick Diaz's style 100x better than Liddell's crap
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Dean Lister
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:19 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Nick Diaz's style 100x better than Liddell's crap
disagree for great boxers they throw alot of arm punches and slaps
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:30 pm

Their way of setting up other shots

unlike Liddell's blind n wild swings
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:32 pm

5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy 21957bc
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:34 pm

check out the Diaz vs Takanori GOmi fight if you havent seen it gomez,easily the biggest win a Diaz brothers ever had, Gomi was considered the best lightweight in the world when the upset happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvZATQO8c8A
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:35 pm

hope you dont think thats a prime chuck

also do you realize how levels work in MMA? completely different than boxing hence the total difference in head movement
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:37 pm

not at all

Prime Chuck was just quicker, got away with the sloppy technique

Head movement and Liddell??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:41 pm

no just saaying in general thats why there isnt much head movement in mma cause of changing levels and everything else you have to worry about, also distance is completely different in MMA vs boxing

hope i didnt sound like i was making Liddell sound like a great boxer I think i summed him up perfectly with the "sprawl ad brawl" analogy

heres one of his most entertaining fights IMO, it was against tough Lions Den fighter Vernon White, Vernon almost had him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmRT7jCtMRg
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:41 pm

and also you have to realize, and I know you do cause we see it in boxing all the time

when a chin goes, it goes, Chucks chhin is no where near what it once was
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:27 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy 21957bc

cant argue w/ that rashad did what your susposed to do
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:39 pm

but i do agree that chuck was a sprawl and brawl guy no doubt about it and his chin has def. given out on him
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:51 pm

did you watch the Krazyhorse vid Deezy? familiar with him?
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:52 pm

i'm familiar w/ him but as far as knowing a whole sleu of things about him i can't say i do
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:53 pm

Anderson Silva is very enjoyable if he fights someone who'll attempt to fight back...

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:54 pm

check the vid out when ya got time the guy is just a nutty watch
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:59 pm

yea i just watched it bird dudes a freak and i'll give him one thing he's got some nasty slams and nasty power in his hands
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy   5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy Empty

Back to top Go down

5 MMA Fighters that Boxing Fans Can Enjoy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next