Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB

Go down 
+3
Farmer1906
LA
oggy420
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB Empty
PostSubject: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:49 pm

Long overdue. Football is meant to be played in the cold anyway, so suck it Miami!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:56 pm

I don't know if it was meant to be played in the cold, but def NY deserved to be the host at one point. I'd actually like to take a trip and checkout that new stadium.

This will be like the only cold weather SB ur gonna see for a while after it happens, unless it such a huge success, but all the talk is this is a rare case.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:23 pm

The weather and elements has always been apart of football. That's what i meant to say. Perfect weather SB's are kinda getting old. Let's see what these teams can do when their qb's don't have 90 degree sunny weather to play in. Some of the best football games ever have been played in the snow.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Not that it matters to me cause I won't be there, but how dumb is this? Who the hell wants to goto freezing ass cold NY when it could be in TX, LA, CA, FL, AZ, etc...
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:00 pm

NY deserves it's turn
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:18 pm

From what I've been hearing this will be the only case of a cold weather SB ur gonna see for a while I like changing it up though.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:23 pm

What makes NY more deserving than Boston, Greenbay, Minny, etc...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:24 pm

A New Stadium
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:55 pm

If it was in Detroit, then it can be in the Meadowlands. Who cares how much the media bitch about the cold.
Back to top Go down
r3dman7630
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
r3dman7630

Favorite Fighter(s) : Hendo, Fedor, Big Nog, Couture, Shogun, Gomi, Carrano, any one who fights Brock! and all the underdogs....

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:21 pm

This whole thing is gay..they are talking about having a emergency backup plan if the weather is bad. Fuck jus have it sumwhere else if ur gonna worry bout the weather! Ol school let'em play in the snow damn.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Why don't they ever build domes in NY? I don't understand it.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:26 pm

Fuck domes. Man up!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:30 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Fuck domes. Man up!

I'd rather warm up
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:17 pm

I hate hearing people bitch about having to play in the cold. Football originated in the cold...people need to just man up and be men and play in the snow and the mud.

God fuckin damn I forgot some people in the NFL love to be pampered these days...glad to see the NFL finally didnt soften these guys up any farther than they already have with their baby ass rules.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:23 pm

NoRegret wrote:
I hate hearing people bitch about having to play in the cold. Football originated in the cold...people need to just man up and be men and play in the snow and the mud.

God fuckin damn I forgot some people in the NFL love to be pampered these days...glad to see the NFL finally didnt soften these guys up any farther than they already have with their baby ass rules.

Yeah and MMA use to be bare knuckle and hair pulling was allowed. Things evolve.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:30 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

Yeah and MMA use to be bare knuckle and hair pulling was allowed. Things evolve.

And for the NFL it has evolved for the worse IMO.

Sorry, but I want to see big hits and physical football.

Not some pattycake pussy ass bullshit where they can only hit from the waist to the shoulder level. Football is meant to be the most physical sport and thats how it should be.

They dont get paid millions of dollars to go out there and play touch football.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:35 pm

I want to see the best team win. Take out the weather element and let the talent on the field deciede who wins the Super Bowl. I'm sorry but I have no desire to see who the best cold weather team in the league is. I want to know who has the best football team.
I don't want to see a windy, cold, grind it out Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:35 pm

im actually with NoRegret on this. I absolutely hate the fact that they are trying to take the physicality and big hits out of football. I understand wanting to protect the players but the line has to be drawn somewhere. Now-a-days a big hit means a 15 yard penalty and a fine from the league. That is ridiculous. Let them play.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:38 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I want to see the best team win. Take out the weather element and let the talent on the field deciede who wins the Super Bowl. I'm sorry but I have no desire to see who the best cold weather team in the league is. I want to know who has the best football team.

I think of the best team as the team that can perform under any circumstances. The team that can overcome adversity. Not as the team that only plays well when it's perfect weather out.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:39 pm

oggy420 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

I think of the best team as the team that can perform under any circumstances. The team that can overcome adversity. Not as the team that only plays well when it's perfect weather out.

+1

Oggy...warm weather guys just dont understand. They never will.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:40 pm

oggy420 wrote:
im actually with NoRegret on this. I absolutely hate the fact that they are trying to take the physicality and big hits out of football. I understand wanting to protect the players but the line has to be drawn somewhere. Now-a-days a big hit means a 15 yard penalty and a fine from the league. That is ridiculous. Let them play.

I agree about big hits and the gay rule changes. I just don't agree with weather playing any factor whatsoever in the Super Bowl. I don't care what team can battle the elements the best. I want to know on an even playing field, on a perfect day, both teams playing their best...who wins.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Sorry if a cold, windy 7-3 Super Bowl doesn't interest me. I want the big game to be played under the best possible circumstances.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:44 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Sorry if a cold, windy 7-3 Super Bowl doesn't interest me. I want the big game to be played under the best possible circumstances.

Then you obviously arent a fan of real football...which is understandable considering you are a big 12 guy where its constant shotgun and passing all night long. Thats just not football IMO. I guess its different from my perspective because I was raised on physical, smashmouth football and running it down people's throats.

Some of the greatest games in NFL history were played in snowstorms.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:45 pm

i see your point, i just don't agree with it. I think playing through the elements is part of football's history. Some of the best games ever have been played in the snow.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB EmptyThu May 27, 2010 3:50 pm

NoRegret wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Then you obviously arent a fan of real football...which is understandable considering you are a big 12 guy where its constant shotgun and passing all night long. Thats just not football IMO. I guess its different from my perspective because I was raised on physical, smashmouth football and running it down people's throats.

Some of the greatest games in NFL history were played in snowstorms.

LOL "real football". Please Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB   Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB Empty

Back to top Go down

Jets/Giants stadium to host 2014 SB
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next