Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

After 8-10 years I finally apologized

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

After 8-10 years I finally apologized Empty
PostSubject: After 8-10 years I finally apologized   After 8-10 years I finally apologized EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:48 pm

to my buddy Lowell for saying Pride sucked compared to UFC. I had no idea he was living back in town and I went to hang out with a few guys I grew up with (one being Dwayne AKA "I know I shit my pants!") who told me Lowell was around the block from him now. I went in and it was like old times until the apology. I have thought about that nite when all the Pride fanboys abused me over my love for the UFC back then during a Pride PPV. As soon as I said he was right back then, he told me Pride sucked and the UFC was always better. How bout that one??? After that we all proceeded to argue like old times about everything from Clyde Drexler vs James Worthy to Dwayne being fat and scared to play basketball. I got shitty drunk and had a cat sleep on me and now I am swollen and congested from it. just wanted to put that out there
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: After 8-10 years I finally apologized   After 8-10 years I finally apologized EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Well Pride didn't suck, though.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: After 8-10 years I finally apologized   After 8-10 years I finally apologized EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Well Pride didn't suck, though.

no doubt. He was drunk and went overboard.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: After 8-10 years I finally apologized   After 8-10 years I finally apologized EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Man, i thought UFC was overall a joke compared to Pride back then. Chuck Liddell, Jens Pulver and Vitor Belorts dip in PRIDE did not help that much. UFC always did have the best 170 pounders, probably because PRIDE never had fights at 170.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: After 8-10 years I finally apologized   After 8-10 years I finally apologized EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:50 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Man, i thought UFC was overall a joke compared to Pride back then. Chuck Liddell, Jens Pulver and Vitor Belorts dip in PRIDE did not help that much. UFC always did have the best 170 pounders, probably because PRIDE never had fights at 170.

I was a homer back then. I got smarter about 7 years ago and accepted reality.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: After 8-10 years I finally apologized   After 8-10 years I finally apologized EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:00 pm

I never questioned who had better HWs or LWs, but I always believed that Chuck, Tito and Randy would be at the top of the Pride MW division and of course the UFC dominated at WW.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: After 8-10 years I finally apologized   After 8-10 years I finally apologized EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:22 am

Much like Kings I thought the UFC was a joke. Never even watched them much. I've always been a PRIDE homer.

Here's Chuck running through guys in the UFC, goes out to the MW GP in Japan and gets beat up by Rampage. At the time I though Rampage was little more than a gatekeeper in PRIDE. Now in retrospect Rampage was a lot more than a gatekeeper but still.

The UFC had better WWs. LWs were mostly even, maybe leaning a little toward PRIDE. Everything else wasn't very close. HWs were laughable. And dispite what Dana says about Timmy and AA today. He hyped those guys to the max then. He said they would kill the Pride HW.

God I miss PRIDE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After 8-10 years I finally apologized   After 8-10 years I finally apologized Empty

Back to top Go down

After 8-10 years I finally apologized
Page 1 of 1