Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight Empty
PostSubject: Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight   Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:10 pm

if the fight gets made forget the vegas odds.what do you think and truly feel are the correct odds..myself floyd anywhere from a 8-5 favorite to 2-1...over and under 9 rounds..its not on who or why you think a guys gonna win but what you feel not vegas feels should be legit odds..
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight   Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:16 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
if the fight gets made forget the vegas odds.what do you think and truly feel are the correct odds..myself floyd anywhere from a 8-5 favorite to 2-1...over and under 9 rounds..its not on who or why you think a guys gonna win but what you feel not vegas feels should be legit odds..
8-5 are good odds with Floyd as the fav. Leonard was a 12-5 fav against Duran 1st time around. Those odds make the statement that the fav can lose and you can make good money betting against him. Personally, I think Manny will win, however, I'd have to study the fight in depth before I put any money down. I don't have any connections to Manny's camp (I know what I'll see from Mayweather) so I'll probably be a "No Go" in putting a wager down.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight   Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:18 pm

frank where do you live..i think the boards map shows georgia.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight   Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:03 pm

I'd make Floyd at minimum a 2-1 favorite. I just struggle to find a way to think of Manny overcoming five inches of reach and ten+ pounds of weight on fight night,

The only reason I'd have it as close as 2-1 is that Floyd is slowing down and will probably be marginally less mobile etc by November.

I just can't quite call Manny a live dog though.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight   Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:09 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
frank where do you live..i think the boards map shows georgia.
Where's the boards map? lol: Yeah, I'm a New Jersey guy stuck here in Ga for a while.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight   Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:11 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
I'd make Floyd at minimum a 2-1 favorite. I just struggle to find a way to think of Manny overcoming five inches of reach and ten+ pounds of weight on fight night,

The only reason I'd have it as close as 2-1 is that Floyd is slowing down and will probably be marginally less mobile etc by November.

Marble, use your imagination. Help me to believe in Manny. Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight Icon_rolleyes Just curious. What was your call on Leonard - Duran I?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight   Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:49 pm

frank i think its on the home page scrolling down below who on line..
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight   Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:00 pm

I think the odds are that the fight won't happen
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight   Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:38 pm

4445Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Marble, use your imagination. Help me to believe in Manny. Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight Icon_rolleyes Just curious. What was your call on Leonard - Duran I?

That Ray was a media made wussy and Duran would KILL him. I was awfully wrong on that one. I didn't realize, even after the Benitez fight, that Ray really was a warrior.

Look I've been so wrong for so long on Manny you should find it comforting Smile

I've picked against Manny in five of his last six fights.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight   Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:41 pm

Mayweather a 3-1 Favorite IMO

over under 10 1/2 rounds
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight   Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:43 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
To me it should be even odds. I just do not see Floyd as this unbeatable force like everyone else does.
Lets look at it.
Size- Adv Floyd
Hand Speed- Adv Pac I know I will get ripped for this.
Power- Pac
Ring Generalship- Floyd
Foot speed- Toss up

I know I am missing some things but they are very even to me. It will come down to who prepares better and who has the will to win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight   Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Your odds on a Floyd-Manny fight
Page 1 of 1