Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim

Go down 
+5
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
CombatSports4Life
OU
9 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim Empty
PostSubject: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:09 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/5/17/1475331/cristiane-cyborg-santos-cuddles
Strikeforce Women's Champion Cristiane Santos (9-1) will likely defend her 145-pound title against Jan Finney (8-7) in the Ohio native's promotional debut at "Fedor vs. Werdum" from the HP Pavilion on June 26 in San Jose.

First reported by MMA Rising, MMAmania.com was able to confirm the pending match-up earlier today.

"Cyborg" was last seen laughing off an earnest uprising attempt from distressed Dutch damsel Marloes Coenen back in January of this year. The champion's successful defense at "Miami" was her third straight win under the Strikeforce banner and her ninth in a row.

It was also the Brazilian's seventh TKO stoppage. It's no secret that outside of a select few, there may be only a handful of female challengers capable of giving Santos the fits.

Which is why Finney may come as a surprising choice.

"Cuddles" had a rocky start to her mixed martial arts career, dropping six of seven bouts including four straight defeats from 2005-07. Two of her seven career losses have come to Miesha Tate and Erin Toughill.

To her credit, Finney has managed to right the ship and put together a solid four-fight winning streak. She last competed at Freestyle Cage Fighting (FCF) 40, taking a tough split decision from Adrienna Jenkins
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:10 am

1st round mauling
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:22 am

That's sad because she's a pretty cool lady. I got to meet her when she fought on Camp Legeune.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:25 am

CombatSports4Life wrote:
That's sad because she's a pretty cool lady. I got to meet her when she fought on Camp Legeune.

Why would Strikeforce put a 8-7 fighter against Cyborg? No other options? Are they just trying to keep the Cyborg hype up with knockouts?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:33 am

No other options. Erin Toughill has decided she doesn't want to fight for the only show given women the time of day, so SF was left without a clear challenger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:36 am

never heard of him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:20 pm

Erin Toughill has conveniently been "mad at Strikeforce" "legitimetly injured" or "going through a depression" everytime Cyborg is set loose for feeding.

Pretty much what Dana said, there is not that many high level chick fighters yet, especially ar 145. Cyborg made the best ones look like girls and now the rest of the 145 girls are running to 135.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:42 pm

Toughill has been offered the fight, I don't know what her personal story is, but from appearances it seems like she is ducking Cyborg.

Finney's record isn't as bad as it sounds. I have heard of nearly every fighter she has lost to, and three of her losses are all to Julie Kedzie.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 12:48 pm

Plus, she's on a four fight win streak.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:04 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
1st round mauling

Yep. Make sure the doctors are ready
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:12 pm

Cyborg needs to fight a man, no women is beating her
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:16 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Cyborg needs to fight a man, no women is beating her

Why not demand she fight larger opponents? That seems to be the popular demand for dominating fighters.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:18 pm

I don't think it'd make much of a difference if they're women, she's half man, half amaz...., wait no, just half man.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:23 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I don't think it'd make much of a difference if they're women, she's half man, half amaz...., wait no, just half man.

It couldn't hurt. Honestly that might be the only option. We all know any man vs any woman in MMA is a lose-lose situation. A pro male MMA fighter would be humiliated by losing to any woman(even a half woman). And any pro male knocking out a woman isn't any better.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:25 pm

Ahh bro, don't think I'm serious, it will never ever happen, men would fuck up a women, just joking because I see no women beating her. I'd hope my girl Coenen could do it, but she can't
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:30 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Ahh bro, don't think I'm serious, it will never ever happen, men would fuck up a women, just joking because I see no women beating her. I'd hope my girl Coenen could do it, but she can't

She is so good it is a legit question these days. I figured you were probably joking
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:37 pm

There is a poll thread I think asking could you beat Santos.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:32 pm

Jan Finney?... So a barely .500 fighter from Sweden is the sacrificial lamb to fight him and keep him from gathering cage rust? And I only assume he's from Sweden since it's a common name there... If he were American, Jan is a chick's name...
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:53 pm

I thoght Coenen had a real good shot and she got owned

Toughill is a big fat pussy that girl needs to get off he permanent rag or get a new job
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:35 pm

Strikeforce's hands are tied here. They owed Cyborg a fight I am sure. Somebody has to fight her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim   Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim Empty

Back to top Go down

Jan Finney named as Cyborg's next victim
Page 1 of 1