Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The curse of Fedor is real

Go down 
+11
MMAEYES
Ninja
Ludo
captain organic
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
ohiovol62
acccardinal12
Birdofthad
LA
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

The curse of Fedor is real - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The curse of Fedor is real   The curse of Fedor is real - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:51 pm

LudoCain wrote:
I think it was a three round fight, not a hundred percent sure though. Affliction only had two shows and I don't remember Fedor/Sylvia being for any kind of title.

No, you are wrong. Fedor vs Sylvia was for the WAMMA title. Fedor was defending the WAMMA title against AA. Both were 5 round fights.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The curse of Fedor is real   The curse of Fedor is real - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:52 pm

I don't think Rogers performance against Overeem had anything to do with Fedor. It had more to do with "this guy's my size, ripped, faster, stronger, more technical in every way and i'm gonna get my ass kicked".
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: The curse of Fedor is real   The curse of Fedor is real - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:39 am

It sure seems like he curses these guys doesn't it? But I think it's more like he knocks fear into them. AA looked scared to death to me, and even though I thought Reem would be a better striker I never thought I would see Grim backing up like that.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: The curse of Fedor is real   The curse of Fedor is real - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:53 am

Maybe the idea that Fedor fights inferior competition and needs to be in the UFC is what's real.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: The curse of Fedor is real   The curse of Fedor is real - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:21 pm

That was definitely not the same Rogers that fought Fedor. Rogers looked like he was ready to quit in the stare down. I think after beating Arlovski so easy he got some false confidence but after fighting Fedor he realized there are some tough guys at the top.

He lost all confidence he had in winning and fought like a scared timid ****** against Reem.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: The curse of Fedor is real   The curse of Fedor is real - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:28 pm

Did it occur to you that all the guys you are saying he ruined were in their 30's, which historically is the declining years in sports.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The curse of Fedor is real   The curse of Fedor is real - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:33 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Did it occur to you that all the guys you are saying he ruined were in their 30's, which historically is the declining years in sports.

Well in MMA the early 30s are often a fighters prime. Machida, Forrest, Anderson Silva, Brock, Randy are just a few fighters to win title fights in the UFC after turning 30.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The curse of Fedor is real   The curse of Fedor is real - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The curse of Fedor is real
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2