Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube

Go down 
+2
NoRegret
OU
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:08 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Browns-turn-to-YouTube-to-find-able-bodied-f?urn=nfl,238186
"I don't know if the Browns have a guy whose job it is to sit around all day and watch YouTube videos while thinking, "Please, for the love of everything holy, let me find someone on YouTube today who might actually be able to play football." They might. It would kind of make sense.

If that guy does exist, he's doing a really good job.

He found a fellow named Joel Reinders, a strapping, 6'7", 320-lb. Canadian gent with a handlebar mustache who happens to play a little offensive tackle"
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:08 pm

Interesting story if you haven't heard about it. Only played 8 games of organized football.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:17 pm

I think he is overrated...just watching some of the highlights and the game is much slower up there.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:19 pm

NoRegret wrote:
I think he is overrated...just watching some of the highlights and the game is much slower up there.

How can a undrafted guy who only played 8 games of organized ball be overrated? Do you mean you just don't buy his potential? He isn't even on roster yet, I don't see a problem taking a chance on a project. The guy is a very big athlete. Let him have his try, what is the worst that can happen? He doesn't make the team?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Unrelated, well kind of related, but I've thought about trying to become an NFL kicker before, still think about it, I can bang in 50 yarders with a college ball.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:22 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

How can a undrafted guy who only played 8 games of organized ball be overrated? Do you mean you just don't buy his potential? He isn't even on roster yet, I don't see a problem taking a chance on a project. The guy is a very big athlete. Let him have his try, what is the worst that can happen? He doesn't make the team?

Yes, that would be my point.

pretty sure the outside linebackers that he was blocking in those vids were my size and looked like they MAYBE ran about a 4.8-5.0 in the 40...

I hope im wrong, but I just dont see him being able to adapt to the speed of the game...especially with only 8 games under his belt.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:26 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Unrelated, well kind of related, but I've thought about trying to become an NFL kicker before, still think about it, I can bang in 50 yarders with a college ball.

Get you a video together and send it to Jerry. God we need a fucking kicker in Dallas. WTF Nick Folk?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:30 pm

A guy I grew up playing soccer with switched to football cause obviously if u make it there's more easy money than the slim chance in soccer. Last I heard he was kicking for a D-1 school somewhere. It'd b cool, who knows, really it is worth a shot, whats the worst that can happen.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:31 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

Hell yeah man. I thought about trying to walk on at a small college as a Free Safety but never got around to it lol. Oh well I suppose.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:33 pm

Dude ur still young enough to give it a try
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:35 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Dude ur still young enough to give it a try

Yeah, I have no clue where I would try to walk on at..what i'd major in or anything like that.

Free Safety was a fun ass postition to play back in high school though lol
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:38 pm

Tough position, but hell if u don't make it, you don't make it

U should try OSU, jk

Really find a decent D-3 school around u, major in Business with a focus on Marketing.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:41 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Tough position, but hell if u don't make it, you don't make it

U should try OSU, jk

Really find a decent D-3 school around u, major in Business with a focus on Marketing.

QB of the defense lol.

Its shitty that I was second on my team in tackles my senior year...usually you would expect all the linebackers to have the most tackles...i guess thats what happens when you play for a shitty high school team lol

Yeah, im not sure what im gonna do yet..the marine corps isnt looking like its gonna happen but im still waiting on that.

and hell no at OSU lol id be a midget compared to those guys haha...their safeties are like the size of linebackers at most colleges and high schools and what not.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:15 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
back in high school me and my brother regularly did this at soccer practice, lol i think he got a few in from around 60yards out
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyTue May 04, 2010 6:40 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:

one of my best friends dad was the last All American Kicker with an artificial kicking limb, was on the best Texas Tech team ever

http://www.lubbockonline.com/news/100996/hall.htm

Hall, who lost his right foot in a farm accident when he was 14. He walked on at Tech and capped his career by nailing 15 of 20 field goals and scoring 78 points as a senior in '76.

"I don't think anybody else would have done it any differently,'' said Hall, who also led Tech with 48 points in 1975. "What's that pitcher's name for the Angels that pitches with one hand, Jim Abbott?

"There's people with physical disabilities that do a tremendous amount. I always thought it was more a state of mind than anything else.''

Well, not altogether. The state of the weather also mattered. Hall said kicking with the prosthetic device was no fun on cold nights.

The thing weighed 8 pounds with straps that fastened at the knee and, further up, around the waist.

"A guy here in Lubbock built it for me,'' Hall said, "and we finally experimented enough until we got one that worked.''

Hall specialized in making the short kicks. His career long was from 47 yards. If Tech penetrated the 30-yard line and stalled, the field goal was Hall's responsibility. Outside the 30, the strong-legged Mellott got the call.

Kicked the game winner vs Nebraska as well
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:58 am

The Browns................................silence
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube   Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube Empty

Back to top Go down

Browns sign player after watching him on Youtube
Page 1 of 1