Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ed Soras - how much does he make?

Go down 
+3
KingsOwn19
LA
Wolfgangsta
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Ed Soras - how much does he make? Empty
PostSubject: Ed Soras - how much does he make?   Ed Soras - how much does he make? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:53 pm

You see him on the arm of every fighter from Brazil that's important in MMA at the moment, but how much does he make?

What do you think of him in general, does he do good by his fighters?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Ed Soras - how much does he make?   Ed Soras - how much does he make? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:16 am

I'll guess $500K a year

What do I think of him? Not sure, he's kind of like a Brazilian Dana a little

Does he do good for his fighters? he has a lot of them, and they're all real good, so they probably like him.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Ed Soras - how much does he make?   Ed Soras - how much does he make? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:17 am

He's cool. I've seen no reason to dislike him or think he does any wrong by his fighters.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Ed Soras - how much does he make?   Ed Soras - how much does he make? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:18 am

I think he does good for his fighters and they probably like him

Me personally? I think he's a huge fucking douche that I'd like to see get knocked out
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Ed Soras - how much does he make?   Ed Soras - how much does he make? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:30 am

300k at least. Im pretty much with the rest of u guys I think his fighters like him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Ed Soras - how much does he make?   Ed Soras - how much does he make? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:03 am

He isn't Scott Boras but he does use some non fan friendly tactics when negotiating fights, and paydays. Like phantom injuries. But I think he is great for fighters in terms of getting them paid.

Boras would do wise by his fighters to start negotiating for big fat KO bonuses in title fights. The UFC should look to pay those out in all title fights. Give Anderson and Aldo reason to finish Maia and Faber. A 5th round KO bonus of 200K to inspire a fighter who may or may not have a fight in the bag to work hard to try and end it anyway.

I'm emailing Dana.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Ed Soras - how much does he make?   Ed Soras - how much does he make? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:31 am

Too much.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Ed Soras - how much does he make?   Ed Soras - how much does he make? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:18 am

He has some of the worlds highest paid fighters in his group. With the school(s) and payouts from contracts, I would say he is easily making over 500K.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Ed Soras - how much does he make?   Ed Soras - how much does he make? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:21 am

Jose Aldo didn't make him much in his last fight.

Silva. Machida and Nog both get a couple hundred thousand every time they fight.

JDS and Little Nog earned him some decent checks with their KOs of the Night bonuses.

He probably doesn't make as much as people think, but I would guess around $200 thousand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ed Soras - how much does he make?   Ed Soras - how much does he make? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ed Soras - how much does he make?
Page 1 of 1