Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW?

Go down 
+2
OU
Farmer1906
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW?   Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:17 am

Those guys are all sorts of mixed up.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW?   Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:19 am

I think ranking FW is extremely difficult. But I think I will have an easier time with LW. I can still put BJ at #1 and feel alright about it.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW?   Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:01 pm

With LW, I have to do it much the same as LHW... Gotta give #1 to the belt holder even if the judging was erroneous. #2 goes to the other guy until the rematch happens...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW?   Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:20 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
With LW, I have to do it much the same as LHW... Gotta give #1 to the belt holder even if the judging was erroneous. #2 goes to the other guy until the rematch happens...

Agreed, but then you have a very interesting situation with Maynard who was more deserving of a title shot than Edgar was IMO. The former #2 going down vs a guy very few even had in their top 10.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW?   Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:25 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:

See I agreed with the dec but still believe BJ is #1 and I give him a cusion because I think he earned that in his fights leading up to Edgar. I think if they fight 10 times, BJ would win 7-8.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW?   Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 6:47 pm

I've been out of the loop in Japan for a couple months so I got some research before I can give concrete rankings. Omigawa might move into the top five. He had a quality win over Micah Miller at Astra quietly, while Brown lost badly. I more and more like to reward wins and penalize losses in rankings, and I might even move winners up to the front.

FW has a huge gap of talent in the WEC after the top four-five names. The WEC should make serious efforts to win over Baibiano Fernandez, Michihiro Omigawa, Joe Soto, Joe Warren, Marlon Sandro. Hioki and Kanerhara would be nice too, but Omigawa is the only FW from Japan I think could really adjust to the WEC.

I got Melendez at 1 at LW.

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW?   Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 6:48 pm

LW was pretty easy.

FW is kind of a crap shoot for me after 5, so i just went with the guys making waves like Sandro, Soto to fill out the rest of my rankings.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW?   Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:38 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I've been out of the loop in Japan for a couple months so I got some research before I can give concrete rankings. Omigawa might move into the top five. He had a quality win over Micah Miller at Astra quietly, while Brown lost badly. I more and more like to reward wins and penalize losses in rankings, and I might even move winners up to the front.

FW has a huge gap of talent in the WEC after the top four-five names. The WEC should make serious efforts to win over Baibiano Fernandez, Michihiro Omigawa, Joe Soto, Joe Warren, Marlon Sandro. Hioki and Kanerhara would be nice too, but Omigawa is the only FW from Japan I think could really adjust to the WEC.

I got Melendez at 1 at LW.

One thing to keep in mind with the DREAM guys on this list is that they actually compete at 138 and not 145. That would make them close to BW than FW so I always tend to rank them as such.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW?   Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:00 am

good point there boom
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW?   Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else have trouble ranking LW and FW?
Page 1 of 1