Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?

Go down 
+2
Wolfgangsta
acccardinal12
6 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? Empty
PostSubject: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 12:14 pm

I say top 5 of all time in terms of great fights. We got to see most of the card also. Every fight was non stop action.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 12:19 pm

I didn't even like it as much as the Strikeforce card, strictly speaking about the PPV portion. Besides Aldo and Faber every one of the main fighters on SF were just flat out better, and the title fights were both anti climactic for me. Aldo not finishing a pathetic Faber in a boring final round spoiled that fight, and Cerrone looked like horse shit and got caught in a amatuer gillotine.

The best card in the last month was KOTC : Badboys II in terms of pure action.

That said, Jung-Garcia is immediately the greatest slugfest in the sports history. What on earth was that? Jung robbed blindly though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Also the hiding of the WEC name weirded me out the whole time.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 12:34 pm

yeah Aldo was dominant, but the main event was neither riveting nor action packed. and while we all like to see fights finished I think we all wanted to see a war in the co-main.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 12:46 pm

considering I was at a bar and didnt get to see Jung fight I will say emphaticallly no

not a top 5 all time PPV or even best card of they year

I thought the format was kinda weird last night, fun night, ya, but greatest ever ? na

StrikeForce was better card, was free, and got this place buzzing like nobodies business
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:04 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I didn't even like it as much as the Strikeforce card, strictly speaking about the PPV portion. Besides Aldo and Faber every one of the main fighters on SF were just flat out better, and the title fights were both anti climactic for me. Aldo not finishing a pathetic Faber in a boring final round spoiled that fight, and Cerrone looked like horse shit and got caught in a amatuer gillotine.

The best card in the last month was KOTC : Badboys II in terms of pure action.

That said, Jung-Garcia is immediately the greatest slugfest in the sports history. What on earth was that? Jung robbed blindly though.

All good points. I didn't get to watch KOTC so I wouldn't be able to compare. WEC was way better than the SF card in terms of action. The main events were the worst fights, but all the fights they showed were great imo.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:09 pm

see I really enjoyed SF and am eagerly anticipating their next stacked card
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:10 pm

I think it was the best card of the year so far. We got to see 10 fights and not a single one of them was bad.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:11 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I think it was the best card of the year so far. We got to see 10 fights and not a single one of them was bad.

was I on crack cause I definitely didnt see 10 fights at the bar

first fight they showed was Jorgensen
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:21 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

was I on crack cause I definitely didnt see 10 fights at the bar

first fight they showed was Jorgensen

You missed some of the fights then.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:25 pm

damn that sucks, I was like damn they are making Jorgensen open the show?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:26 pm

and if i listed my top 5 mma cards all time people would hate me
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:26 pm

wanna know why?????

cause UFC 6 and 8 would be included!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 2:24 pm

I have not seen the prelims but overall the main card was eventful, and perhaps one of the better cards this year...all time is pushing it. The crowd here brought a lot to the show. I wish they still got up for the Kings like that.

UFC 110 is still the best show this year IMO. WEC 48 is in that discussion. I can name a bunch of cards from a bunch of orgs that i liked more, including other WEC cards
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 2:31 pm

"Aldo vs Faber" wasn't as good as some of the actual WEC events this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?   Was WEC 48 one of the best cards? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was WEC 48 one of the best cards?
Page 1 of 1