Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow Empty
PostSubject: K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow   K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Here is the official release. Anyone know what brought on the change?

http://www.k-1.co.jp/en/news/2010/0326_release_01.html
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow   K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:45 pm

There afraid Semmy Schilt is jus gonna kill someone.. haha but really why?..
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow   K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:04 am

This is just fucked up.....K-1 goes down a couple notches in my book. They keep watering down there product more and more.

Although the FEG higher ups would like to make you believe they are doing this to make the sport more fast paced, the reason behind this is clearly directed towards Semmy. They keep trying to even the playing field by limiting Semmy's offense because he is too dominant. Fighters like Overeem and Buakaw are severely hurt by this rule aswell.

You won't see stuff like this anymore -

K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow 20zbu3t
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow   K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 9:51 am

That sucks man I agree Ninja they are watering down the product. How can this help them?
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow   K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:51 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
This is just fucked up.....K-1 goes down a couple notches in my book. They keep watering down there product more and more.

Although the FEG higher ups would like to make you believe they are doing this to make the sport more fast paced, the reason behind this is clearly directed towards Semmy. They keep trying to even the playing field by limiting Semmy's offense because he is too dominant. Fighters like Overeem and Buakaw are severely hurt by this rule aswell.

You won't see stuff like this anymore -

K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow 20zbu3t

as soon as i saw this i tout wow they wanna take that away from semmy,,

only good i see from this tho i dont know if ul agree ninja is that we wont see is people getting pushed down from the clinch ala wat Overeem does 5-6 times a fight which imo slows things down but man i gonna miss seing semmy knee people haha
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow   K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:23 pm

well that stink,s not a very good rule change IMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow   K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow Empty

Back to top Go down

K-1 banning clinch strikes... wow
Page 1 of 1