Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who Would You Pick?

Go down 
+7
oggy420
SOKO
Andrew the Raider King
Farmer1906
OU
LA
bobbitt15
11 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Who Would You Pick? Empty
PostSubject: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:51 pm

If GSP wasn't allowed to use his wrestling and the fight Saturday with him and Hardy was a straight kickboxing match in the Octagon, who would you pick to win?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:53 pm

GSP, Hardy might have more power, hell he might have a better chin, but GSP is more dynamic as a striker, it'd be interesting though.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:54 pm

GSP....all day every day. I think GSP owns the standup here.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 3:58 pm

I wouldn't be surprised either way. If we talking just punching and kicking with no clinch, takedowns, subs, etc... then I'd go with Hardy. Now if GSP knew he was fighting a kcikboxing match with a few months to train then I'd go GSP.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 4:23 pm

GSP all day. He has great speed and very accurate striking.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 4:38 pm

gsp by speed or hardy by late tko
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 4:55 pm

I'd actually take Hardy.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 9:17 pm

GSP, no doubt. His striking is underrated if only because his wrestling and gNp is so great. He would pick Hardy apart.
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 9:50 pm

I would still take GSP by a significant margin.

Hardy's standup is given so much credit simply because that's the only game he has [that anyone has seen]. Cheick Kongo is unjustifiably seen as a standup god for the same reason.

In 4 UFC fights, Hardy has one KO over a guy making his UFC debut, and 3 decisions, 2 of which were split decisions. His overall record is 23-6, but he's 10-6 against fighters with a winning record.

In a straight boxing match with boxing rules and boxing gloves, Hardy takes it. In a 25-minute kickboxing match in the octagon, GSP all day.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Hardy would KO GSP if GSP couldn't use his wrestling. I am shocked by the numbers here. Hardy has great stand up all around from what I have seen from him. I think he beats GSP in every way accept maybe Kicking.
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:40 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I think he beats GSP in every way accept maybe Kicking.

= He beats GSP in boxing, because that's the only other part of kickboxing other than kicking Razz
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:48 pm

thessy11 wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I think he beats GSP in every way accept maybe Kicking.

= He beats GSP in boxing, because that's the only other part of kickboxing other than kicking Razz

Ha ha funny guy, what I should have said was Hardy's hands were better than GSP's Kicking when you compare the two. Hardy is the better stand up fighter period imo. GSP loses to alot of guys if he doesn't use his strength in wrestling. Only an idiot would think different. Davis would kill GSP too. Thanks for the neg, I want to keep it up so neg me again please. That was pretty dumb of me though. I hope you understand what I meant now?
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:06 pm

I completely knew what you meant, I just respectfully disagree Smile

It wasn't me that -repped you though. I would never do that.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:11 pm

thessy11 wrote:
I completely knew what you meant, I just respectfully disagree Smile

It wasn't me that -repped you though. I would never do that.

but you can neg me now please. c'mon Thes, take me to -3.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Use them all. It is almost 12 anyway
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 1:28 am

Hardy has more power and a granite chin , he would eventually catch GSP and stop him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 9:30 am

It would just be that much more embarrasing when GSP kicks the shit out of Hardy. I think GSP would dominate Hardy in a standup only fight. Give GSP time to train and I think he beats Hardy at anything and everything.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:01 am

I'd still pick GSP. I would put money down that GSP hits harder than Hardy. Excuse me if I don't swollow everything the ufc tries to feed me.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:26 am

anyone who thinks GSP has any intention of standing with Hardy is fooling themselves. He'll shoot for a takedown about 20 seconds in and repeat that formula the whole fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:28 am

oggy420 wrote:
anyone who thinks GSP has any intention of standing with Hardy is fooling themselves. He'll shoot for a takedown about 20 seconds in and repeat that formula the whole fight.

Yeah just because he can...but if he wanted to he could school Hardy in the standup. It's just his ground game is that much better then Hardy's so why make the fight harder then you have to?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Would You Pick?   Who Would You Pick? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who Would You Pick?
Page 1 of 1