Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chris Evans is Captain America

Go down 
+5
Tobe06
LA
OU
bobbitt15
acccardinal12
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Chris Evans is Captain America Empty
PostSubject: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 1:53 am

Our long, international nightmare has indeed come to a close. As of yesterday, the Heat Vision Blog reports that Chris Evans has officially agreed to become Steve Rogers, AKA Captain America.

There's no word as to whether he's agreed to the Big Marvel Deal, i.e. appearing in some capacity in nine movies, but we're sure the company will have locked him down for at least a couple of sequels, not to mention the eventual Avengers.

While long casting searches aren’t uncommon, especially when a studio is looking for a lead in a big tentpole (and, given the contract the eventual actor will sign, films beyond that), it’s rare for it to have leaked so readily.

So far, we’ve seen the likes of Michael Cassidy, Patrick Flueger, Scott Porter, Wilson Blethel and Mike Vogel, John Krasinski, Chace Crawford and Garrett Hedlund all testing, with Ryan Phillippe also in the mix.

Earlier reports had director Joe Johnston and his casting team looking for an largely unknown thesp, but with Evans they’ve got a proven star and a man used to the effects slog of big superhero roles after two films playing Johnny Storm in Fantastic Four and Rise Of The Silver Surfer.

As to whether fans will accept Evans as Captain America, that’s anyone’s guess. For now, break out those promised celebratory balloons...

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=27352

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64459
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:05 am

NO! I only want Gerard Butler! That is my man crush for a guy and he hasn't been a superhero yet! Johnny Storm is Johnny Storm. Heck the guy from The Notebook would be better than Phillipe? I take my comic books serious and they better get a bad mamma jamma to play Captain America especially if he is doing a few movies and being an Avenger! Ryan Gosling or the Spartan King or I am mad! I would rather dig up Dolph Lundgren, rather than give it to those posers. Why Arnold and Sly did you get old?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:09 am

You'd really want a Scottish guy to play Captain America ?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:24 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
You'd really want a Scottish guy to play Captain America ?

Hells yeah! I mean if he goes around with that accent you guys have then NO, but the dude is bad ass! Matter of fact....Keep the accent cause that rules too! Tell me that wouldn't be pimp? Spartan king running around bashing villians with William Wallace tongue! I just had an orgasm...and I CONSIDER MYSELF A MAN'S MAN!!!

Gotta hit the sack now. I am up way too late. Hulu will do that to ya.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:25 am

Now neg me, DAM YOU MEN! (scottish accent)

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/braveheart-the-famous-speech-from-william-wallace/a1c305a754f47920e929a1c305a754f47920e929-1612494340441

That stiuff maks mea waunt ta buury som patatas on hot couls and eat em an huor lata, ya knuw!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:30 pm

I really thought this would be a no-doubter for Paul Walker back when they were first talking about the role a couple years ago. Not a big Evans fan + he already belongs to a super hero franchise
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:18 pm

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Wow he looks like he could maybe play this part, put on some weight, I actually put on 20 lbs of muscle this summer myself, well over a course of a bunch of months.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:28 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Wow he looks like he could maybe play this part, put on some weight, I actually put on 20 lbs of muscle this summer myself, well over a course of a bunch of months.

Yea dude looks pretty big. Isn't that the same dude from Fantastic Four?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:10 pm

I still think it's an odd choice, but I am willing to give Chris a chance.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:07 am

BUTLER!
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:02 am

I can wait to see that Avengers movie they're making. Gonna have everyone in it - Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Sam Jackson as Nick Fury; all them mofos Smile Joss Whedon is directing too, he's great. Out in 2012 apparently.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:07 am

No way they make that deadline. I'm cool with the casting choice. Remember the initial reaction to the joker?

"wtf they cast HEATH LEDGER? GAY!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:14 am

Tobe06 wrote:
I can wait to see that Avengers movie they're making. Gonna have everyone in it - Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Sam Jackson as Nick Fury; all them mofos Smile Joss Whedon is directing too, he's great. Out in 2012 apparently.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:37 am

Butler wouldn't fit the role right, his look isn't right for Captain America and his voice isn't right. With Evans bulking up huge he looks the part, but I'll have to hear his voice for the part, he sounds too much like a regular cocky guy in his 20's for Capt. America
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Chris Evans.

Was he in Not Another Teen Movie?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:28 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Chris Evans.

Was he in Not Another Teen Movie?

Yep. Dude is swole up for this role though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:20 pm

Tobe06 wrote:

It will be interesting, Jeremy Renner is playing Hawkeye.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:43 pm

Who the hell is Chris Evans?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:44 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Who the hell is Chris Evans?

Johnny Storm from The Fantastic Four.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Never watched it... Has he done anything really noteworthy?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:46 pm

Certainly not the Fantastic Four! Yuck.

This is the guy who played human torch? He was awful. But then again it is hard to imagine anyone being good with such a script.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:48 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:

Streetkings and Sunshine, he's only 29.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:50 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

So are you suggesting that he's got real talent and just hasn't gotten a break yet? Because I can name a number of guys that were solid A listers by 29...

Also never saw Streetkings or Sunshine. In fact, not sure I've heard of Sunshine unless there's more words to complete the title...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:59 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

So are you suggesting that he's got real talent and just hasn't gotten a break yet? Because I can name a number of guys that were solid A listers by 29...

Also never saw Streetkings or Sunshine. In fact, not sure I've heard of Sunshine unless there's more words to complete the title...

No I am just giving you a little bit of info on him Old Man River Wink

Sunshine is the Danny Boyle film about a team of astronauts are sent to re-ignite the dying sun 50 years into the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Evans is Captain America   Chris Evans is Captain America Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Evans is Captain America
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next