Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bellator to sign Roger Huerta

Go down 
+7
LA
Wolfgangsta
captain organic
acccardinal12
Ludo
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
11 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Bellator to sign Roger Huerta Empty
PostSubject: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Good signing for Bellator. He's a good fit for them.

However, i'm still confused about why returning to the UFC was never even considered an option all this time. You heard he might go to SF and now he's going to Bellator but never once about a return to the UFC. He lost a close one to Gray Maynard, has an excellent record and is one of the most exciting fighters around.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Could be the whole "i'm retiring to pursue a career in hollywood doing voice overs for video games" thing that they didn't like. You know how the UFC gets when someone courts leaving like that(with exception of Randy/Tito). Not to mention as I recall when he fought Maynard he looked like his heart wasn't in it. He honestly looked like he didn't want to be in there anymore.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Well, he put on one hell of a fight for somebody who had no heart in it. I say him not tapping when Maynard was about to rip his arm out of it's socket shows he had some heart in it and he almost won the fight.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:24 pm

Also Florian beat the snot out of him and showed how far from the LW title he is. The UFC can go find another Huerta any day of the week. He might have had a chance if he didn't leave. They would have gave him another fight atleast.

He is a great fit for Bellator.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Flo controlled the fight, he hardly beat the snot out of him. Joe Stevenson he beat the snot out of. Vs Huerta he's elusiveness was his major weapon.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 4:41 pm

And Huerta in Bellator is good for both parties, Bellator gets a big name, while Huerta should be the favorite in the tourney and assuming win, ups his bargaining power in future negotiations.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:12 pm

I thought SF was going to land him. The tournament payout structure is inviting though, this is for sure.

The idea Huerta didn't want to be in there against Maynard is pretty outlandish, all things considered ludo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:16 pm

I just read about the tournament in Bellator. I didn't read the story on this thread. I just thought it was about thim signing. If he wins and fights for the title that will be a huge draw for Bellator. I would love to see Huerta vs Alvarez.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I thought SF was going to land him. The tournament payout structure is inviting though, this is for sure.

The idea Huerta didn't want to be in there against Maynard is pretty outlandish, all things considered ludo.

Maybe SF couldn't get him a date early enough, a Dana criticism of SF is not enough shows for the # of fighters. I can think of more then a couple SF guys who have not seen the cage in a while. But post Bellator I could see negotiations reopened.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:59 pm

captain organic wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Maybe SF couldn't get him a date early enough, a Dana criticism of SF is not enough shows for the # of fighters. I can think of more then a couple SF guys who have not seen the cage in a while. But post Bellator I could see negotiations reopened.

Check the dates of the last Strikeforce show, then check the date of the last Bellator fight and the last promotion their champions fought under.

Dana will say whatever, but Bellator of all promotions could never criticize SF for this...
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Check the dates of the last Strikeforce show, then check the date of the last Bellator fight and the last promotion their champions fought under.

Dana will say whatever, but Bellator of all promotions could never criticize SF for this...

But Bellator has a no doubt about it tourney coming up and if Huerta wins he'll get 3 fights in a relatively short time span. No way SF could get him 3 fights by the end of the tourney.

Then, post tourney, he can come back and talk to SF.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:14 pm

Good point.

The tournament payout is probably more than any SF contract he would be offered, over the same duration. What was it, 100K to the winner over three fights?

There are guys in the UFC that would easily give this a run. That kind of money will bring more talent.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:04 am

Good for him, he was way down the line in the UFC LW division, hope he wins the touney and comes back.

And he did well against Gray, but Gray also thought he was a striker in that fight.

Kenny dominated him and Roger was completely frustrated in their fight.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:29 am

Huge miss on StrikeForces part
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:53 pm

Good for both camps. Bellator gets a name and Roger gets a chance to get back on the horse. I predict Huerta will emerge victorious.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:15 pm

Roger is always fun to watch. I hope he does well and Bellator succeeds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bellator to sign Roger Huerta   Bellator to sign Roger Huerta Empty

Back to top Go down

Bellator to sign Roger Huerta
Page 1 of 1