Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MMA's remora: M-1 Global...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

MMA's remora:  M-1 Global... Empty
PostSubject: MMA's remora: M-1 Global...   MMA's remora:  M-1 Global... EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:29 pm

It seems that they are close to another deal with Strikeforce. Watch Scott Coker use the "crazy Russians" term pretty soon. M-1 basiaclly wanted its name to be held in more prominance for the CBS shows, which I already thought it was over-exposed considering it was Coker's deal with CBS, and Strikeforce's promotion, with all but one [Fedor] of its fighters competing on the card.

The MMA world would be better off without M-1 and I guarentee Coker is close to saying, "f___ it, we did fine without Fedor in the past."

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Strikeforce-M-1-Deal-Close-Fedor-Back-in-June-23111
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: MMA's remora: M-1 Global...   MMA's remora:  M-1 Global... EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:30 pm

The MMA world would be better off without M-1
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: MMA's remora: M-1 Global...   MMA's remora:  M-1 Global... EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:40 pm

You guys are right as hell! I am so upset about M-1 even being mentioned on a SF ring. Fedor is letting them ruin his name imo.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: MMA's remora: M-1 Global...   MMA's remora:  M-1 Global... EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:25 pm

M1 wants their banner up there when Fedor fights? Big deal, small price to pay to keep Fedor on the roster.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: MMA's remora: M-1 Global...   MMA's remora:  M-1 Global... EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:49 pm

captain organic wrote:
M1 wants their banner up there when Fedor fights? Big deal, small price to pay to keep Fedor on the roster.

If you can't see how big of a deal it is then you shouldn't even watch UFC or SF. Fedor has blackmailed his way into the USA and helped his friends make a buck while screwing over an organization who made an agreement with him. On top of that he is a liar now and he is ducking the fighters in the world which is exactly what his managers said he wants the most a few weeks ago. Fedor didn't care about money right? His own words and I followed them all. He wanted to compete in Sambo and avoided UFC because of it. Then he didn't compete in the one Sambo tournament before last because of his contract! The most recent one he said it was because he didn't want to face his brother. He said it was against his contract in his latest interview on mmalinker.com, Were the words wrong? I mean something isn't right here fellas? Of course I understand being bind to a favorite fighter. I was.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: MMA's remora: M-1 Global...   MMA's remora:  M-1 Global... EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:09 pm

I shouldn't watch SF or UFC because I don't think hanging an M-1 banner on the TV screen is a big deal? Beast get a grip.

And M-1 is kind of right, the Fedor deal involved co-promotion, but M-1 was a side note on the show. Wether we believe M-1 to be relevant does not mean that deal was lived up to by CBS and/or SF.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA's remora: M-1 Global...   MMA's remora:  M-1 Global... EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:46 pm

M-1 had their logo all over the cage and was advertised regularly under the Strikeforce symbol. What else do they want? More power, more money -- perhaps M-1 over the Srikeforce logo, or maybe to have the Strikeforce logo dropped altogether. The CBS deal is not with M-1, but with Coker's Strikeforce. This looks, smells and tastes like extortion by Fedor's handlers. Honor your contract and don't bite the hand that feeds you. Strikeforce does not need Fedor -- he's not an American draw the way Cung Le, Gina Carano or Frank Shamrock are. They could headline successful CBS cards all day long with those names. In fact, Bobby Lashley may draw more attention. In a matter of months we should be seeing Fedor fight Fabricio Werdum, instead, and thanks to M-1, we, you Organic, have to wait til the summer to, maybe, see Fedor fight.

Guys like Organic believe Fedor's dealings have always been as pure as the driven snow, but really he and his guys are just as greedy as the evil big promotions. One conflicting report comes out after another with Fedor, like Bigbeast discussed. These guys don't care to see Fedor compete regularly -- their goal is the formation of a big name fight organization by dangling Fedor to the successful promotions that want to put on great fights. Thereby, they can develop a brand without really putting out any effort other than having Fedor show up on fight day. There is no way the UFC would allow another promotion to steal their juice through "co-promotion". And I would bet that Strikeforce is having second thoughts right about now.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: MMA's remora: M-1 Global...   MMA's remora:  M-1 Global... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:55 am

M-1 sucks kind of, but give them credit for playing UFC style hardball with one fighter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA's remora: M-1 Global...   MMA's remora:  M-1 Global... EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
M-1 sucks kind of, but give them credit for playing UFC style hardball with one fighter.

True. I know the UFC did a similar ignoble thing by not allowing Randy to compete in Affliction. That was probably for Randy's own good in hindsight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMA's remora: M-1 Global...   MMA's remora:  M-1 Global... Empty

Back to top Go down

MMA's remora: M-1 Global...
Page 1 of 1